Anyone up for a challenge?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started a different way of eating last April (I don't call it a "diet", because diets are short-term and guaranteed to fail). I eat breakfast (never used to), a light lunch and then dinner is whatever, but not as much as I used to eat. I was exercising, but I am finding it harder for me to get back out and walk with the weather being rainy...I know that is an excuse, but it is my only excuse...lol Since April, I have lost 35 lbs, but at the moment I seem to have stalled my weight loss. I need to kick start it again somehow. For me, its not so much about the amt of weight I lose but how fit and healthy I am. Back in April, my Dr. wanted to put me on BP meds, because in the past year I had had consistantly "higher" BPs, when before that I was always in a good range. I did NOT want to take meds and just started eating differently and...my BP is back in the normal range again...without meds!!!
default_aktion033.gif

I do eat some junk, but not much (Bday parties I will eat cake) and I dont keep any junk food in my apt. I also only drink water or tea (and a starbucks occasionally). I gave up pop about 3 yrs ago (altho rarely I will have a bit of rootbeer). I think the best thing for me is to remember that I will never deprive myself of something I really want or is offered, but only eat it in small portions and only occasionally. To deprive myself means I will eventually "binge" and I dont do that anymore.

So, while I will be doing things alittle bit differently that a lot of you, I am as commited to a healthier lifestyle as you all are...I just need to get back out and exercise again!!

EVELYN!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh girl you are SMOKIN' !!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

You both look so much happier, how wonderful! Congratulations to you, all your hard work has paid off.
default_aktion033.gif

I started a different way of eating last April (I don't call it a "diet", because diets are short-term and guaranteed to fail). I eat breakfast (never used to), a light lunch and then dinner is whatever, but not as much as I used to eat. I was exercising, but I am finding it harder for me to get back out and walk with the weather being rainy...I know that is an excuse, but it is my only excuse...lol Since April, I have lost 35 lbs, but at the moment I seem to have stalled my weight loss. I need to kick start it again somehow. For me, its not so much about the amt of weight I lose but how fit and healthy I am. Back in April, my Dr. wanted to put me on BP meds, because in the past year I had had consistantly "higher" BPs, when before that I was always in a good range. I did NOT want to take meds and just started eating differently and...my BP is back in the normal range again...without meds!!!
default_aktion033.gif

I do eat some junk, but not much (Bday parties I will eat cake) and I dont keep any junk food in my apt. I also only drink water or tea (and a starbucks occasionally). I gave up pop about 3 yrs ago (altho rarely I will have a bit of rootbeer). I think the best thing for me is to remember that I will never deprive myself of something I really want or is offered, but only eat it in small portions and only occasionally. To deprive myself means I will eventually "binge" and I dont do that anymore.

So, while I will be doing things alittle bit differently that a lot of you, I am as commited to a healthier lifestyle as you all are...I just need to get back out and exercise again!!
Linda, thats is great that you have lost 35 pounds!

You know you can have alot of things just eat in moderation...

Once I lost my weight eating certain things together ( proteins, carbs, etc) I still do it somewhat but I just know what a serving is and stick to that, so I am maintaining where I want to be and not feeling deprived...

Dont worry you have just plattoed, I did the same , then the weight just started coming off again. Keep up the good work...
default_yes.gif

Thanks for the encouragement from everyone. It really helps to have support from so many friends.
default_saludando.gif
Thanks so much.

Linda, that is much the same as I have done. Not a diet, really just a new way of living and you are exactly right about the deprivation being a cause of later bingeing/overeating the wrong things.

Like mininik, I find that the better for me foods actually taste really good (my favorite breakfast is really cheerios and dry-roasted almonds, for example, I LOOK FORWARD TO IT), and the "bad" foods just don't have the same appeal. I am usually done with them after a few bites.

While the power was out this past week, I ate a lot of "bad" things, just less of them. Last night, I had a few bites of a cheesecake that I wanted to get out of the freezer, for example (mmm chocolate cheesecake). It was good, and I could have eaten more, but three squares of it (I cut them in little bite-sized cubes, about a third of a slice) was enough to enjoy it as much as I needed.

Good luck everyone!

Liz

Latest posts

Back