Not your average weight loss thread - Begins Monday, January 28th '13. *Questionnaire Page 4

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started this morning.Ate a much healthier breakfast(egg whites, turkey sausage.green peppers,mushrooms&broccoli slaw&only ate half-portion was too big)and went to the gym.Did a light workout due to knee but managed the treadmill for 10 minutes.(back on Wed&shoot for 15 minutes,)Came home ,hungry,ate small portion of cereal with fruit&fat free milk.l can do this,.One day at a time.Gym on Mon,Wed, Fri and gradually build up time and strength..Go to pool on Tuesday&Thursday and just walk and move in the water.I need to get back in shape so I can do some more trips-Alaska and back to England to Cruft's dog show. My ultimate goal is to be able to ride my exercise bike without pain, but that may have to wait until 2nd knee surgery in Sept.

Hope to loose 20 lbs. have this product ordered

has anyone tried the Oat Straw Extract ? Seen this on Dr. Oz... will try anything to help me out...

• Oats have been an elemental food source for both humans and animals since prehistoric times. There is speculation that this food source is best described through it genus name, avena, which traces back to its original meaning of nourishing while sativa means cultivated.
Oat Straw
(Avena sativa)
  • In addition to its recognition and value as a stable food crop, however, oat straw is also used in the treatment of a number of human maladies, ailments or discomforts.
  • It has been purported to help with the lowering of cholesterol naturally, increasing of vigor and stamina (it has been suggested to people recovering from long term illnesses as an aid to help rebuild their strength).
  • The oat seeds carry antispasmodic, cardia, diuretic, emollient, nervine and stimulant properties.
  • Oat straw and the grain have also been prescribed in the treatment of a wide range of nervous conditions. It has also been shown to help with the exhaustion related to neurological pains or herbal treatment for insomnia, or multiple sclerosis. A tincture has been used as a nerve stimulant when treating opium addiction and it is a popular herbal remedy for anxiety and ADHD.
  • It can help to combat problems such as obesity, varicose veins, irritations related to the digestive tract and as an herbal treatment for hemorrhoids, however it has been found that it should not be used in dyspepsia when accompanied by acidity of the stomach.
  • Research now shows that it contains the anti-tumor compound b-sitosterol and there are some suggestions that the chances of cancer in the bowel may be reduced by eating oats regularly, as well as cancers in general.
  • There is also some evidence to suggest that the consumption of the oats helps to naturally lower the blood sugar levels in the body and that it could be helpful as an herbal remedy for diabetics as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck Renee and Bev!! Mary I'd not heard of this particular product but it sounds good! please let us know how you like it.

It looks as though Julie (Dragons Wish Farm) has not been able to update yet as planned, I know she has limited internet time so y'all bear with her OK?

Dear everyone...BIG THANKS to Debbie for updating. Tried to get updated today, however, due to a construction accident in the area no WIFI anywhere I went to in town.

I'm following the thread on my cell. I'm VERY PROUD of you all for starting. My first week without the soda....it was all I thought about and wanted. I even had a dream about eating wheat toast dipped in soda!! Bleahh!! I'd never eat that!!! Now, I don't even have too much outside home.

Snacking through the day is very common with most who answered the questionnaire or commented on this thread so next week we will be investigating this.

Also, please email if you need support. It comes right to my phone and I can get back to you quickly.

Again, good work on getting started and sharing your 1st three week goals. Will update again soon...I hope! LOL

I just found these forums and was wondering if it was too late to answer the 50 questions and start being accountable. It is high time I got healthier because my knees and back are beginning to tell me that I will be in a wheel chair in less then 10 years if I don't do something now.

Thanks

Hi Dannigirl! well the original poster stopped posting so it kind of fizzled out. I'm not sure but she said she was having trouble with internet access that is all I know. The list of questions is a good thing to go over anyway... just answering them for yourself will give you a idea of some things you may need to change. Please come join the other 2 threads on this forum, we are trying to help encourage each other and would love for you to join in. Here are the links to the other 2 conversations.

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=132755

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=132907

see you there!

Latest posts

Back