Wee foal test lied

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'm sorry, I'll shut up now!! I guess I was thinking even a positive done early wouldn't be conclusive, but I guess there would have to be a reason for it to come up positive. I'm starting to get worried that my mare is just overweight and not pregnant. I am going to go by whatever my next test says. Hopefully I'll have it in a couple of days. Forgive me for being a pain.
default_sad.png

Oh, your not! It doesnt bother me to explain. I am just as mystified about the whole thing. I wish I knew.....

Dont forget to let me know what your next test says about Cookie! These mares are such as mystery!
default_wacko.png

[SIZE=12pt]I had written about my mare Breezy testing positive in January. She was supposed to be 6 months along I had sat in a chair several times to feel for fetal movement and several folks told me they had mares they couldn't feel movement on
default_yes.gif
. Well I tested her again march 13th and it still looked positive to me but I had a gut feeling she is open.I contacted Wee Foal in NZ and one of the scientist wrote me back and sent me two new wee foal tests to try and a vial to send a urine sample back to their lab. Well in the mean time Breezy started to come into heat. Standing heat, I mean hoochy Koochy standing heat
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png
and was in for nine days. I tested her again with the wee foal test when they came in and it showed a very very very faint 2nd line. The gentleman from NZ said her hormones might have been messed up (Can't remember his exact words :DOH! )[/SIZE]

Here is the positive test taken on 03/13/08 the one taken in january looked the same

DSC00004.jpg

Here is the test taken 04/04/08 you can barely see the faint 2nd line.

DSC00008.jpg

Even though it isn't always right I still think it is a pretty good, easy and inexpensive way to test
default_yes.gif
and I'm glad we had the option
default_aktion033.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Joy[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back