Website Domain Name Reservations

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaazeMinis

Reaction score
Haaze Miniatures of Auburndale ,Wisconsin
Hi

I was just wondering how many of you that have websites reserved a Domain Name and if so what were the benefits from it (if any). The reason I am asking is I did that last year and I thought it was for more time than one year for some reason and now they want me to renew and now they are telling me it is cheaper to reserve it for 100 years :new_shocked: . Which it is! :new_shocked: For what I paid the first year I could have gotten 100 year domain registration. :eek: But, of course then they did not have it for that price.

Anyway, what has been the results for anyone that has done this and do you feel it is worth it? :bgrin

Jeri

May I ask how much you paid for 1 year, and what the fee for 100 years is??

Seems to me that last year I paid $20 or $25 for 1 year. Now I'm having to change servers & hosting companies--the company that was hosting my site has apparently closed down. Domain names seem to be all over the board in prices. The place I'm moving to is $40 for the domain name for 1 year. I saw another place charges $50, (these are Canadian prices) & I've seen some US firms charge only $10/year.

May I ask how much you paid for 1 year, and what the fee for 100 years is??

Seems to me that last year I paid $20 or $25 for 1 year. Now I'm having to change servers & hosting companies--the company that was hosting my site has apparently closed down. Domain names seem to be all over the board in prices. The place I'm moving to is $40 for the domain name for 1 year. I saw another place charges $50, (these are Canadian prices) & I've seen some US firms charge only $10/year.

Hi Minimor

I paid $34.00 for a year last year. Now the prices are $9.99 per year for 100 years.. :new_shocked: :lol:

This is supposed to be a "Special Offer" , but I think I was told by someone last year to keep paying by the year because paying for that long of a period it locks you into some sort of an agreement with certain companies and if you find someone lower you cant change it or something like that, so that is why I was asking...

If you want I can PM you the info I have..Oh and I really do like my Webserver
default_yes.gif
: They are Awesome and they are very reasonable for what you get and great tech support too. :bgrin

My Domain Name expires in April so I am trying to find out what I can about it..

Anyone else have any information that might help? :bgrin

Jeri

Latest posts

Back