We Took DunIT, Sunny and Bacardi To A Show (pics)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Jill they look great!

What handsome boys! They are all beautiful but I LOVE Tibbs!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: He is such a ham!!

Both of your geldings are very striking!

Now what color do you consier Tibbs? Because Sissi is that color only not as dark golden? but below her knee is just like that.......Just curious!

Big Congratulations! I bet the judge was well impressed
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

LOL Jill, you guys did great.

I prob. looked like me last weekend at my first show, i was running around like a chicken with there head cutt off. Forgot 1/2 my stuff, couldnt put hoof black on w/out him stepping over and getting it all over his legs and that was only the beginning.

Congrats to you all, you survived!!!!

Leeana H.

Jill,

I am always so relieved and happy to hear from people that have gotten horses from Erica. Then to see pictures of them looking happy and healthy !! :aktion033:

You did a great job on showing them. There is somthing about doing it yourself that makes winning especially nice. Hats off to you ! give the boys a hug from me too . My niece ask about sunny all the time.

She got so sad when Erica sold him, (she thought that was her horse, thats who she showed at age 4-5), but we told her he went to a home to do some baby sitting and teach some other horses manners. That seemed to work.

She did see the picture of him at the show. She just said how pretty he looked and wanted to know if he was doing a good job with the horses he was teaching, and gave a "high five clap" when she was told he won grand champ again ! She is 6 now.

Erica is letting her show 3 of her horses now, so she is ok with sunny being with someone who loves him.

Anyway,

congraulations once again, keep up the good work !!

Linda Killion

Good job on handling and prepping!!! They look wonderful....glad you were able to get out there and show your stuff!! :aktion033:

~coming out of my posting hidey hole~
default_wub.png
: had to great pics! i still love sunny! they all look fabulous :aktion033:

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations Jill they look great![/SIZE]

Lyn

:aktion033: Congratulations Jilly!!! You, Harvey, your boys and your ulcer did awesome!
default_cheers.gif
:

Thanks everyone
default_smile.png

I am so happy how it went. More than anything, I wanted to prove to myself and a couple other people that I can condition / fitout and groom a show horse well. I see things I need to do better next time, but if it were "easy" then it would get boring after awhile.

When we unloaded the horses, I led Bacardi and Sunny back together and the goats are the first things really we pass going to the show horse lot. I told the goats "here come the champions" and started crying! I surprised even me!!! I just have a feeling there's some sort of local people thinking all I did was buy nice horses but that I myself really couldn't do anything with them so this felt sooooooooooooo good and I can't wait to do it again and again and again. Emotionally, I had a lot riding on this show because I felt like I had something to prove and I am so releived it went like it did.

Fiona -- I think Sissi, who you know I admire a lot, is a silver buckskin. Sunny (or Tibbs) is a silver bay. Sissi would be a straigh buckskin with black points if not for the silver gene. Sunny would be a straight bay with black points if not for the silver gene.

And, Linda, you know what you told your niece is very true! Sunny IS teaching DunIT and Bacardi manners and how to be show horses. It's so funny when I'm out giving them their cookies, Sunny sets right up w/o a halter or anything and the other two have started to copy him! And Bacardi has started to give me kisses like Sunny does. Sunny is also teaching ME a lot
default_smile.png
He is just a remarkable animal.

Erica, I will give them hugs, kisses and cookies from their first 2-legged mommy when I get home this evening. You set me up with some horses that mean the world to me!!!

Jill

Showing can be exhausting when so many clasess in a row, but you did great! Congratulations and the horses look very nice!

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

CONGRATULATIONS Jill!!!!!

Your Boys look Fabulous, and I am so proud of you for doing it yourself!!! They all sure did their Momma Proud!
default_wub.png
:

Thanks for sharing the pics, I was hoping that you were getting out and showing off those Gorgeous Boys of yours!

Nancy
default_smile.png

Jill -

Your horses look spectacular!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: A BIG congratulations to you!!!

Liz R.

Congrats Jill, the boys all look awesome!! Love that Bacardi.....wonder why Rum is one of my favorite drinks & your horse is one of my favorites horses?...coincidence?..hmmm..... haha. :bgrin

Back