We Took DunIT, Sunny and Bacardi To A Show (pics)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Yesterday, Harvey and I took DunIT, Sunny and Bacardi to our State Mini Club's Summer show. It's the first time Harvey and I have ever taken our own horses to a show by ourselves. First time I've done all the conditioning, clipping, and grooming. SO, it was a milestone for us.

I was honestly even sweating how the heck do you put hoof black on them, that's how new I really am to "doing it myself" when it comes to shows. Was so worried about loading and unloading them safely, etc. On the way to the show, I called my parents to let them know "Harvey, me, my ulcer and the horses are on the road, will call when we get there." AND, go figure, I can't wait to do it again!

I have been working a lot with DunIT on his manners and on discipline and it paid off. He behaved VERY well and it was also a big bonding experience between DunIT and I. Bacardi also did very well and it's the first time he's been to any show ever. I think before yesterday, he'd only been at Little King, Erica's and my place! Sunny, well, I think he could have probably done it all himself including drive the truck to the show he's such a pro
default_smile.png

We took these pictures TODAY. The show was yesterday but the classes were close together and H couldn't take pics while holding the next horse up. There was no P.A. in the barn so we had to have the next horse up there waiting. By the time we were done showing (just went for halter), we and the boys were tired and ready to Gee Ohh. They got a little dirty over the past 24 or so hours, but that's what horses like to do.

Here they are and thanks for looking at my boys!

Ericas Gone and DunIT2nd place weanling / 1yo stallions (but *I* think he's the best of my bunch -- DunIT says he does, too!)

2006%20VMHC%20Summer%20Show%20--%20DunIT%20--%20102.jpg

2006%20VMHC%20Summer%20Show%20--%20DunIT%20--%20106.jpg

Tibbs Sundowner

1st place A Division Senior Gelding

Grand Champion Senior Gelding

2006%20VMHC%20Summer%20Show%20--%20Sunny%20077.jpg

2006%20VMHC%20Summer%20Show%20--%20Sunny%20--%20065.jpg

Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold

1st place B Division weanling / 1yo / 2yo gelding

1st place solid color A Division / B Division (combined) Stallion or Gelding

Grand Champion B Division Junior Gelding

Supreme B Division Halter Horse

2006%20VMHC%20Summer%20Show%20--%20Bacardi%20--%20036.jpg

2006%20VMHC%20Summer%20Show%20--%20Bacardi%20--%20040.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!! I would say you did darn well for your first show out by yourself!! I also love it when you lead a NICE gelding into the show pen and win Supreme... had that happen last month with a clients gelding (his first show, too
default_yes.gif
: )

Anyway, GREAT job, GREAT wins and GREAT horses!!! :aktion033:

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

:bgrin

Jill,

Your boys are LQQKIN great!

Congrats on your placings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great pictures too

Sandy

Big congrats :aktion033: They are groomed nice, you did a super job :488:

Way to go, Jill!! Bacardi is one good lookin' gelding!

Now I have to ask a question about DunIT since I own his half-brother.
default_wub.png
: Does DunIT frequently rest his right hind (even a little cocked) as he is in the pics, particularly when under any kind of stress (showing, etc)?

Fantastic, Jill !!!

I have to admit DunIT is my favorite too !!! He's one handsome boy !!!

Congrats on a job well done. You and Harvey deserve a vacation !!

Justine

Now I have to ask a question about DunIT since I own his half-brother.
default_wub.png
: Does DunIT frequently rest his right hind (even a little cocked) as he is in the pics, particularly when under any kind of stress (showing, etc)?
Actually, both DunIT and Bacardi do try and do that on me a lot! Maybe it's a BTU grandson / son kind of thing?
default_smile.png
Erica gave me a pointer that helps but I didn't do it for this picture. If you pick the front leg up high, like to or past the knee, then they will put the weight on the back foot. When I've done that to DunIT and Bacardi, they do put that foot down. I was so focused on DunIT's ears for these pics that I let the foot slide for now :bgrin

Congratulations on your first show. Your boys did wonderful and looked great in the pictures!!!

Joyce

I already told you I think they look great! Give them all an extra treat, kiss and hug from me

Wow it looks like they all deserved what they placed!!Amazing horses!!And congrats on the good job you guys did!!
default_wub.png
: :new_shocked:
default_yes.gif
: :saludando:

Have fun, Jill--hopefully they aren't as "talented" as Ozzy. Picking up his foot doesn't usually work. He seems to be getting better, though.

[SIZE=12pt]Jill, they are absolutely stunning! They shine so beautifully and look very healthy and happy little dudes. Congratuations to you on a great show. I think it's great you did it yourself. [/SIZE]

A BIG CONTRATULATIONS to you and your boy's Jill!! :aktion033: I just new you would do well! You should be so proud of all your little guys and how nice of hubby to get in on the weekend adventure and lend his helping hands!! :aktion033:

Lori

Congratulations Jill.
default_cheers.gif
: I've been thinking about you and hoping you would post your results.

YOU "DUN" GOOD! :bgrin

Carol

:aktion033: A big Congratulations!! :aktion033: They look great
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

Harvey, me, my ulcer and the horses are on the road, will call when we get there." AND, go figure, I can't wait to do it again!
ha ha I have the same thing happen, I don't even show all the time (my duaghter does) and I still have to take something for my stomach alot of show mornings and I count down the days til the next show
default_wacko.png
: Hard work, sweating, etc.... = fun?
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back