We have a baby its a .......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish Hills Farm

Irish Hills Farm
Reaction score
Well, at 9:15 p.m. my dream of owning a King Lee foal come true. I can not Thank Getitia of Buckeye Walnut Creek Farm enough for making one of my dreams come true! :bgrin Thank you, Thank you, Thank You!!!
default_wub.png
:

B went down and began pushing and I grabbed my foal kit and into the stall I went. B got up and I noticed that a small part of the amnion sac was out. I told her to lay back down that I'm here to help if need be. She circled and as she was going down I noticed now I have two legs and the head out up to the eyes.

I got in view of the excitement and noticed that B has pushed 2 more times and nothing more was coming out. So I grabbed hold of those legs and pulled as she pushed. Nothing. She pushed again and I pulled, nothing. I broke the sac, got a better hold of those legs, she pushed, I pulled. She pushed again, I pulled again, and POP out flew that foal. THANK GOD!

I started to towel dry the foal off, B nickered to the foal, foal bobbed its head and up stood B. With in 20 mins she passed the placenta. Baby was pretty much up within this time and looking for the milk bar and gave mom a couple little bucks too.

Both are doing well and tucked in for the night.

I am happy to announce the birth of (I checked the sex of this foal 3 times to be sure
default_yes.gif
: ) Irish Hills Classical Buckeye Flirt. A bay pinto FILLY!!!!!

Here she is. First 4 pictures she is about 15 minutes old.
default_yes.gif
:

baby.jpg

baby1.jpg

baby2.jpg

baby3.jpg

Here she is about 1 hr old

baby4.jpg

And at 2 hrs old.

baby5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh congratulations!!!!! :aktion033: how adorable, and what a big healthy foal! Now wonder you had to help!!!! Oh what a cute baby! I am soooo happy for you I cannot tell you how excited I am for you, how fun! Congrats again, give mommy and baby a hug and you get a big pat on the back for being such a big helper lol!! :aktion033:
default_birthday.gif
:

Congratulations! :aktion033: What a cute little filly!

Congratulations!!!! :aktion033: What a pretty girl
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Robin

Well talk about "Luck of the Irish".
default_wub.png
: .......................A great big Congratulations - Benita and Lee did great and you did as well helping her! Last year Lee produced 11 consecutive fillies for us - hope we are as "Lucky" this year
default_yes.gif
:

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Congratulations!!! :aktion033:

She is adorable!!

JoyceM

:aktion033: :aktion033:[SIZE=18pt]Congratulations!!![/SIZE] :aktion033: :aktion033: [SIZE=18pt]She's beautiful!!![/SIZE]

I tell you the "Luck of the Irish" was with you she is beautiful, no surprise though looking at Momma, what a lovely contrast of color!

She just missed a St.Paddy's day birthday .... you must be thrilled with yourself!

She is gorgeous!

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

What a beauty your new filly is! I would be excited too to have a nice one like her. Congratulations! Lavonne

Congrats ! You can't ask for much more than that...a BAY PINTO FILLY
default_wub.png
: ...WOW... She's beautiful, I can't wait for dried off, unfolded pictures !!

[SIZE=14pt]ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! :aktion033: Great job...and CONGRATULATIONS! [/SIZE]

Those King Lee babies are always awesome!
default_yes.gif
:

Wow Sheryl, she is just gorgeous and so is her MOM...congratulations... :aktion033: When are you and Marty going to take a trip to the big city (Knoxville) and come to see me?
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back