WCMHR?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RescueMini

Reaction score
Today is the first time I have heard about this registry. I tried to get more info from the website, but it wasn't much help. All I could figure out was how much it costs to register a horse and join, which was relatively inexpensive.

Could someone explain what the registry is about and their experience with it?

How often and where are shows held? What is this championship show they are talking about?

Any other information on it that you can think of is appreciated!

It is a very poorly regarded "registry" by most people in the industry.

I myself am among many who paid to register a horse and never got the papers... Which is more than unprofessional...

Don't waste your money, even if it's just $15!

Andrea

It was a registry started by an individual not an association or society. It does not have a board that governs it. It came about when a particular owner was unhappy with the existing registries. It does not hold any clout with serious show people or serious breeders. Some, a very select group, love it, many would prefer tp line bird cages with the paperwork. If one is looking to purchase a registered horse to show, I have always felt it is best to stick with the amha or amhr, or simply go with a double registered horse that is under both of the mentioned registries. When looking into a mini, many advise newbies that wcmhr registered minis should be treated and priced the same as unregistered minis, don't let a breeder tell you otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worthless... not worth the time nor fee to pursue. I don't think anyone who is serious about miniatures values those "papers", and they have ripped other members off in the past by taking their money but never sending "registration" papers.

I think they have shows out east and people out there have their horses registered with them as well as the 'good' registries. I had a mare that I registered with them as she was grade, registered her and added the registry onto my stallion and have had absolutely no problems with getting paperwork. I went thru them just because then the babies from these two at least showed half the pedigree on them and for some people any registered paper is better than not knowing anything about the horse's background. Of course I couldnt sell the babies for much, but they made beautiful babies that both are doing wonderful, one being broke to drive and doing great and the other trick trained and shown in open shows and 4-H and will be trained to drive in the future.

That being said, I would never buy a stallion that is only registered with them and have since sold the mare as I have upgraded my breeding program to AMHR and A & R registered horses. Guess its ok if you are not breeding or wanting to show in big shows, the horses can still be wonderful no matter what they are registered with.
default_smile.png

Marsha

Back