WCMHR question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weerunner

Reaction score
Ok, now I know that WCMHR is not the preferred way to register a mini (I own 11 double registered AMHA/AMHR minis), but that I discovered yesterday that the 'pony' I bought last month and just got around to measuring is actually 37.75 inches tall. So she is technically a large mini. As she is grade, I just want to be able to show her in the local shows where you must be registered, but it doesn't matter with which registry.

I looked up World Class Miniature Horse Registry in Google and got two viable options. wcmhr.com and wcmhr.org. So I'm baffled as to which one is the correct one to use. Both seem to have about the same prices, but I've heard rumors of paperwork and payments being sent and never hearing a thing back so I dont want to send in my money and get nothing in return. Anyone know which one I should be applying to and have you gotten paperwork back recently?

Hmmm, I'm not sure. They look to be the same to me. I would give them a call and ask. And I've never heard of a show that requires a horse to be registered, but the registry not mattering...

I don't know........sorry.
default_sad.png

Our miniature horse association requires a registration certificate, but accepts all types including WCMHR. Odd I know but that is the way it is. I'll try to contact them and see what they say. ANyone else have any info?

I paid for a horse to be registered wcmhr and they cashed my check and I never got papers. They are either poorly run or a scam, so I can't recommend them.

Either website will work, they are the same registry. And I believe the NC State Fair requires your mini to be registered to show. So its not uncommon. I talked to someone just a couple of weeks ago that aquired some horses that were WC registered and transferred their papers with no issues. I don't know what has changed since I haven't shown there in a number of years. But if this is how you can show your pony, then at least now you can do all of the registration procedure online including paying with paypal. This should be a great record of having paid and will give you any recourse if they don't follow through. While they did have issues, we had more fun at their shows than we ever had anywhere else. It is so much more family and beginner friendly. While I do enjoy the A and R shows, we did have a whole lot of fun at WC.

I wouldn't waste my dime on any of that. Show another horse.

if you go to www.wcmhr.com you will find all of the info needed to register your pony. As a breeding registry, the papers do not hold much value, as they do not have many restrictions or requirements (DNA, stallion report, photos, etc) however....as a show/ performance registry, they serve their purpose. I know that most breeders shun the wcmhr and I certainly get flack for participating in events with the wcmhr but I still use it. Their horse shows are a LOT of fun and the people there are SO nice and helpful. Many of the local fairs and clubs do require the horses to have papers to compete in "breed" classes so without papers you would have to show in open classes. The pinto horse association accepts wcmhr as an approved outcross registration as well. I believe a wcmhr membership is 32$ for 3 years and it is 27$ if you don't need a magazine subscription. Registration fees vary from $10 to $75 for hardship. Definitely a relief compared to $500.00 harship fees of some other registries. Be sure to allow 6-8 weeks to process your papers, as it takes a while. They are nice people though and I have never had a problem. Again, where it may not be valid as a breeding certificate, it certainly opens a lot of doors for mini enthusiasts that can't/wont spend hundreds of dollars for papers and memberships. Realistically, as we are in a recession/depression (whatever it is..it sux) ponies that may not be national/world show quality and do not need/qualify for AMHA/AMHR papers do fine with wcmhr papers. Wcmhr provides amateurs and backyard enthusiasts with a chance to participate in equine activities in an economical fashion. Congratulations, good luck at your shows!

Back