Watching Star Bright...SB 4/19,La La 4/20, Red 5/23, FILLY!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo Hoo! So happy for you Charlotte! Hoping you get to bring them home soon!! Then, of course, we need pictures!! LOL

YEAH !!!!
default_firstprize.gif

]He's home! We got him this afternoon. He's 3 1/2 days old now and is about eqaul to a new born in his abilities and strength, but he's doing well. It's just a 10 minute trailer ride from this hospital but he was exhausted when we got home. Frank carried him to the barn and he rested in their stall for two hours then we got them out for 30 minutes. Mom needs some green grass and some exercise, but she was very good to not over do his exercise.

DSC_0003 web.jpg

He has the biggest bright blue eyes and paw prints all over him. so cute.

I didn't realize how skinny he is till I was putting his blanket on tonight. He's nothing but bones. I hope he fills out now that he is nursing.

He is adorable! Thanks for posting the photo and sending prayers for his continued improvement.

Awww he looks so sweet.
default_wub.png
I am continuing to pray for you guys!

He is just beautiful and so glad he is home with you and able to nurse on his own now. Its just wonderful

What a cutie, he will be a real time waster I bet, I could just sit there for hours watching him blossom. Come on though, share some more pics, you can't keep him all to yourself
default_smile.png

What a pretty little boy, plus blue eyes!! So glad you got to bring him home today! Bet he'll catch up quickly!

Major Bucks (how do you like his name?) is doing *ok*. Started diarrhea yesterday, but temp is normal and still nursing well so I'm treating with Biosponge paste and probiotic paste for now and hoping he turns that around. He is easily tired so Major and mom spend a lot of time in their stall. I don't like keeping La La in so much but it's best for baby right now.

And Red is coming on...or at least she WAS. She's doing the same up and down thing with her udder that Star Bright did. I have the feeling this is going to be a long confusing wait. She is 298 days and last year foaled at 323 days. I have asked for another blue eyed black and white filly...she is good at making those.

Love the name Major Bucks! Hope you get your wish. So what is your count so far this year for colts vs fillies?

I don't have any new pix. And now he has a dirty bottom PLUS the utility company has started the destruction of our farm this morning. :eek:( Oh, that's overly dramatic I know, but sure seems like it. I'm sad. And the noise is horrendous. Have you seen those huge machines that just MOW DOWN tall trees? Yee gods. the horses are pretty freaked. They are working just 50 feet from the barn.

Red seems to be handling it ok. I was worried about her being upset over the turmoil and noise. She is staying up around the paddocks instead of going out in the pasture.

I think Red has decided she's not going to foal this year. She looks like a blimp and started some udder then just stopped. I guess we are in for a long wait, but I would be happy if she would hold off till we cool off a little. 90+ with high humidity is hard on babies.

Looks like we have some nice weather coming this next week. I'm sure my foals will be glad it's not quite so hot!

NOW I wish I had cams on line. I'm real nervous about Red's foaling. The last two years I have just awakened in the middle of the night to see Red down and pushing and the Breeder Alert not going off. I can't figure out why. It has always worked for all of the other mares.

So I've had two lucky years. Can I count on 3? And Red is doing that same strange bagging up that the other mares have done so I'm starting to get paranoid. She is 311 days today. Last year foaled at 323. Ugh

So glad little Major Bucks pulled through for you, updated pics are a must!

I'm sorry Red isn't taking pity on you and being nice and textbook
default_sad.png
Keeping my fingers crossed that all will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back