Watch us on TV!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chose the wroooong channel to watch. Travel Channel showed a lot of the equine entries but skipped the mini group entirely!
default_shutup.gif
I hope someone recorded the RFD broadcast segment and can post it eventually as I'd love to see you guys.

Sandee said:
Congrats to the AZ group. You looked great. When I heard about the parade being 5 1/2 miles long, I wondered how the minis held up for that long. Don't think mine could take it but then they don't get that much exercise either.
The minis regularly keep up with big horses trotting that distance in combined driving events!
default_biggrin.png
They can totally do it.
default_thumbup.gif

Minxiesmom said:
Did anyone notice the Scripps MirMar entry? Michelle McFarland has the most beautiful pinto Saddlebreds every year. This year was a circus theme and even Michelle had a wagon hitched to three abreast minis. I couldn't get a good look at them. Knowing her, I'll bet they were some of the finest minis money can buy!
The Travel Channel only showed her three-abreast from the front so it was hard to judge the quality of the minis but the turnout was sure nifty! That pinto Saddlebred on the right side of the pair was
default_new_shocked.gif
default_drool5.gif
I can't imagine how expensive a custom-ordered white leather collar must have been.
default_wacko.png

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]I was soooo bummed I watch two different channels all the way through and one didn;t even show the three abreast ones with the Saddlebreds. Later my mother in law said I should have watched it on RFD TV.... Duh!!! Did anyone see it on RFD? I sure hope someone taped it![/SIZE]

Hope you guys had a blast out there!!!

Joy

Thank you everyone!
default_smile.png

For the comments about the length of the parade... these guys do NOT tire out from it! EVERY time my mini, Midnight, is ready to RACE back to the trailers after the parade, with not only me but one of our walkers in the cart lol! I have to literally hold him back the entire parade, he loves to MOVE and parade speed is a LOT slower than he prefers haha ;)

RFD did a horrible job covering us at Equestfest
default_sad.png
But yes, they did make up for it in the parade ;) I know of at least one person who emailed to complain after the performance, so I do wonder if that had something to do with it? ;)

I had recorded it on RFD and Travel, was very dissapointed that Travel went to commercial and skipped us
default_sad.png

Here is a link to see us in the Rose Parade. After you click on this link http://www.ktla.com/entertainment/roseparade/ then click on part 6 which is the part we were in. Then watch through til about 12 minutes in and there we are. Also, the entry behind the float that follows us is the Budweiser Clydes if you'd like to see them pulling a float.

Thank you everyone!
default_smile.png

For the comments about the length of the parade... these guys do NOT tire out from it! EVERY time my mini, Midnight, is ready to RACE back to the trailers after the parade, with not only me but one of our walkers in the cart lol! I have to literally hold him back the entire parade, he loves to MOVE and parade speed is a LOT slower than he prefers haha ;)

RFD did a horrible job covering us at Equestfest
default_sad.png
But yes, they did make up for it in the parade ;) I know of at least one person who emailed to complain after the performance, so I do wonder if that had something to do with it? ;)

I had recorded it on RFD and Travel, was very dissapointed that Travel went to commercial and skipped us
default_sad.png

Here is a link to see us in the Rose Parade. After you click on this link http://www.ktla.com/entertainment/roseparade/ then click on part 6 which is the part we were in. Then watch through til about 12 minutes in and there we are. Also, the entry behind the float that follows us is the Budweiser Clydes if you'd like to see them pulling a float.
Glad you had such fun - best discription of me is "envy you a bit!"

RFD said to vote for the best float. Well, of course, they were hoping for their float but I would have voted for the one pulled by the Clydes. I know it's still pulling a wagon - BIG wagon, but I just thought it was so cool to see them in front of a float and the float display was nice.

Thanks again, for clueing us in to watch.

To add my two cents, I saw you all on Equestfest and the parade on HGTV. No commercials and the coverage was really good, considering they always gloss over the horse units. I was dissappointed that Pam Minick did talk through the first part, but at LEAST she got the information that she did say correct. On HGTV I was flabbergasted at the misinformation for not only the mini group but other equine groups as well. The announcer stated that minis are not ponies and owners get upset if they are referred to as such, correct
default_laugh.png
. but also said they average 37 to 38 inches. I don't remember the other few things he mistated, but they DID show them well!

I wish Cheyaut that I would have known which cart and mini you were in.

I thought the announcers only read the info that they are given prior to the parade and performances. Sometimes you have announcers that are not equine people, and would have no clue and we were always required to submit a script prior to a parade event or team event, so I am not sure if these folks were adlibbing or what on their misinformation.

So Jess, the Equestfest was on TV but they talked over your performance? That is not nice- at least if it got on there, but folks want to hear about what they are watching, not something else, LOL Sorry to hear that happened!

I hope you had fun- you always get good pics of stuff you participate in .... got any to share? It looked like the weather was absolutely perfect for you guys that day!

We do give the parades info, but I have no clue where some of the stuff comes from they say lol! One of the channels (I think it was the one in the link) said minis are the only horses that can be trained to voice commands?! LOL!

I was driving the blue roan gelding. Second row from the back, and the end the cameras were at. Hubby drove his old chestnut stallion next to me.

I REALLY liked the float called "Scissor Wizard" with a wizard who made an oragami dragon, and he tames it by scissors
default_smile.png
The parade theme was "A Cut Above The Rest" so I thought that was a very clever way to go with the theme and I liked the way the dragon looked and moved!
default_smile.png

The weather was great for Equestfest and the parade
default_smile.png
Weds it rained ALL DAY LONG but we didnt' have any horse stuff that day. It was our "free day" so hubby and I rented a car (we went to Cali in another couple's motor home) and went to Disneyland/California Adventure. Was fun, but could've done without the rain! It sure didn't keep the park less crowded!

I took pictures (not of the parade or Equestfest though, too busy! but of the horses, not just ours but others as well) but hubby killed my computer (virus!) so until I have time to get my other computer up and running, I can't do anything yet with them. I don't have a photo editing program on my laptop (what I'm using now) and the camera takes the pics HUUUUUUGE and some I need to crop, so it'll be next week before I can work on getting a desktop running.

OMG Jessi, yes, Disneyland and C/A is MUCH better when it's not raining, though I would not mind going ANY time, LOL Glad that rain cleared out for your events anyhow.

I liked that float too and thought it was an extremely creative idea and absolutely a different way to take the parade theme and do something with it! There were a lot of great floats this year I thought, and beautiful as always.

Shame on hubby!! Hope your PC is up and running soon!

Back