Our Rose Bowl trip

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheyAut

Reaction score
The drill team hubby and I are in (www.minimystique.org) were in the Rose Bowl parade for our third year. Here are some photos from the trip...

We had several motorhomes we all stayed in, at the LA Equestrian Center, where our horses lived for the week. In between two of them we had a tent and tables for meals ect. Here we're putting together ribbons for their manes/tails

rbp22010.jpg

Shoud be self-explanatory ;)

rbp62010.jpg

rbp242010.jpg

Budweiser's dalmation

rbp232010.jpg

Our carts in "our" barn

rbp252010.jpg

Not sure which group's carriage this is, but it's purdy
default_smile.png

rbp292010.jpg

Bud's dalmation and Well Fargo's boxer, and some of the Wells Fargo horses

rbp392010.jpg

rbp402010.jpg

rbp422010.jpg

They shared our barn isle

rbp482010.jpg

The equestrian groups had a dinner

rbp522010.jpg

rbp542010.jpg

More ribbon stuff

rbp572010.jpg

Another shot of the carts

rbp662010.jpg

]

That's us!

rbp672010.jpg

These next shots are from the Equestfest: all the equestrian groups perform for the public. We also had a booth, and a mini for the crowd to meet.

rbp772010.jpg

rbp782010.jpg

rbp812010.jpg

rbp822010.jpg

rbp862010.jpg

rbp882010.jpg

rbp932010.jpg

Parade morning!

rbp1002010.jpg

rbp1022010.jpg

rbp1042010.jpg

rbp1072010.jpg

rbp1082010.jpg

rbp1102010.jpg

And photos from my cell phone...

The trip there

rbptripdrivethere2.jpg

rbptripdrivethere4.jpg

Craig and one of the Budweiser Clydesdales

rbplaec22.jpg

Me and same

rbplaec21.jpg

rbplaec20.jpg

rbplaec19.jpg

Interesting get up at Equestfest

rbplaec3.jpg

rbplaec4.jpg

We're performing at WEG!

rbplaec7.jpg

Hubby drew this

rbplaec6.jpg

Getting the horses ready for the parade

First a bath

rbplaec10.jpg

Then sparkly toes

17549_1273336588400_1079480368_30849274_1925720_n.jpg

rbplaec15.jpg

All ready to get harnessed and hitched!

rbpp2.jpg

Wow! Wonderful pictures! Wish I would have been there. I didn't know you had been invited to the WEG!!!!! I heard that you have to pay your own way. Or do you have a sponsor? If not, do you have something set up to take donations. I know I would be willing to send a little something to help! I am proud to help support such great representatives of our breed. Good luck with it.

Thanks all!

Yup, we are paying our own way, and trying to raise money. We'd LOVE any donations, and we're a 501c3 so they're tax deductable
default_smile.png
http://www.minimystique.org/sponsorship.htm Thank you soooo much!!!
default_smile.png
(If I'm not allowed to post that, I am sooo sorry)

Yup, the blue roan is my gelding, TCM Midnight Blues, aka Midnight. Mr. Attitude lol!
default_smile.png
The chestnut in a lot fo the pics is hubby's horse, 26 y/o Concho Cassanova
default_smile.png

Thanks all!
Yup, we are paying our own way, and trying to raise money. We'd LOVE any donations, and we're a 501c3 so they're tax deductable
default_smile.png
http://www.minimystique.org/sponsorship.htm Thank you soooo much!!!
default_smile.png
(If I'm not allowed to post that, I am sooo sorry)

Yup, the blue roan is my gelding, TCM Midnight Blues, aka Midnight. Mr. Attitude lol!
default_smile.png
The chestnut in a lot fo the pics is hubby's horse, 26 y/o Concho Cassanova
default_smile.png
I am trying to send some money using Pay Pal. Which email address should I use. The one I found on the Home page was Information @ mini mystique.org. Is that the one to send it to? I am kinda computer illiterate, so if I am not seeing the obvious, please forgive my brain!

It was great seeing your photos! Always wonderful to see the fun side of owning these minis! I really liked the little calvery horse and rider, too! Thanks for sharing!

I could feel all the excitement and hoopala in your pictures - how neat you could be there and participate! The horses looked great! We did actually see you on TV - we stayed glued until the minis came through! LOL

Loved the pictures - you captured everything so well that we felt as though we were also there - thanks for sharing and congrats on being part of the big day (and on TV LOL - you're a celebrity for sure!).

Oh Girl that must be a BLAST!!!!! I never thought about the behind the scenes stuff before. I had no idea so much went on! I've always loved the Budweiser clydesdales!! Thanks so much for posting all these pictures!! They are awesome!!!!

Which email address should I use. The one I found on the Home page was Information @ mini mystique.org. Is that the one to send it to? I am kinda computer illiterate, so if I am not seeing the obvious, please forgive my brain!

Oh good question, I didn't realize the paypal button didn't automatically fill it in! I'll find out for you
default_smile.png
You can also email Shirlee our treasurer at [email protected] Again, THANK YOU!!!
default_smile.png

Glad everyone is enjoying the photos!
default_smile.png
It sure is fun
default_smile.png
A lot of work, but fun!

Loved the Pix - I only watched on TV but besides you, I also had friends in the Arabian group, the Haflinger group, and one other, I can't think of right now!

Love the pictures, and enjoyed watching you in the parade! What days will you be preforming at WEG? Will your demo be in the Equine Village? I will have to look for you. My mounted games group will be doing an 8 day demo, and although I decided not to ride in it, I'm sure I'll be out there for at least a few of the days helping at the booth. Hopefully I'll be working at the headset booth some of the time as well. I would love to see your drill team perform in person!

I almost didn't open this thread as I thought it would be holiday type snaps, not horses. Well was I surprised!

Living across the other side of the world, the title kind of threw me.

I just loved your photos. What a special time to be part of. I love the pics of all the carts lined up. Bet you guys had a blast! I just love being amongst horses of all shapes and sizes and that seems like the perfect place do it.

It looks dark when your parade started out.

LOL, I knew you would have lots of pics to share!!! Looks like it was fun! Hmmm, that one rig with the statue thingy was 'interesting'! And looks like the Budweiser horses are really good at looking for handouts or attention also. I love Wells Fargo's rig! Saw them in person here and wow!! Stunning horses! How fun to be surrounded by so many different types, sizes and shapes of horses!!

For WEG, we are performing for 8 days, two performances each. It's the last week, so I think the last 8 days. I know we'll be there during the CDE, wahoo!
default_smile.png

We have this whole list of when they need vaccines and deworming, we have to get their first vaccine this weekend for it! Kinda crazy!

Latest posts

Back