Rose Parade

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevann

Reaction score
Beautiful equestrian groups.Anybody know who the few Minis were pulling carts with a group of larger horses?could only see 1 from HGTV channel but saw a head or 2 on the far side of big wagon or carriage.DANG, no mention of the Minis in the parade by Scott or Drew from HGTV I'm done watching TV for the day.Saw what I wanted to see-just difficult to even get a potty break with no commercials,but it was awesome not having commercials.Beautiful parade and kudos to all the participants and volunteers who make it possible.

I had chores to do during the live feed, so watched the rerun on Hallmark (it had commercials). I missed a few things here and there, but overall wonderful to watch.

Some years ago I was lucky enough to go to the Parade! It was wonderful. Got to see some of the floats being made. It's pretty on TV, but it's just fabulous in person. If anyone gets a chance to go, it's well worth it!!

Pam

I marched in the parade in 1987 in H.S. marching band. Boy that's a long march.

According to HGTV hosts parade is 5+or_ miles of marching.Loved seeing the Fresians,Andalusians and especially the mustangs that were adopted and now in police work.Mini I could see was nice and cart was beautifully decorated.

I don't know if it changed since then, but when I was there, the parade route itself is 5 or 5.5 miles, but you stage on the freeway, so march from the freeway to the start of the parade route, so additional distance.

I did see the minis with the group you mentioned. Don't know who they were or if members of the group owned them. The group was American Saddlebreds. Amazing carriages, carts and decorating and costuming!

It's great to see all the horses in the parade. I have a video tape a dear friend sent me from years back of a Welsh group, called the Welsh Dragoons, that got to participate with their Welsh ponies. They were wonderful.

The Circus wagon group that included two minis pulling singly was Michelle McFarlane of Scripps Miramar, Pinto Saddlebreds. Her mother was Ellen Scripps Davis. They used to come and show the Saddlebreds at our State Fair; in recent years, she put together the Circus wagon group, and has been in a number of parades, including multiple appearances in the Rose Parade.

Every year I look forward to it and every year I stay up too late and forget
default_sad.png
Love the rose parade. Best equestrian parade.

Latest posts

Back