Was i the only one who didnt watch the super bowl?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rimmerpaints

Reaction score
Im so not a football fan and just dont watch it. I like the commercials but I didnt watch this year I read my book while the kids watched disney channel.

I didn't... I was busy with my iPhone
default_smile.png
See:

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=127851 (Ode To My iPhone / The Ballad of Superbowl Night)
default_biggrin.png

No youre not the only one..i havent,watched tv in five years,,i dont care for sports,and when I did watch tv....thats all I wanted to do....or play nintendo....so we took the tv out of,the house...i have my internet..im good

I read my book while DH watched but I did watch half time show and the commercials.

Glad Im not alone. All i have heard about this morning is that game. I just have no interest in it. I dont really care for Madonna either so i let the kids run the TV last night plus i knew if you want to see the best commercials and half time show it will be all over internet today anyway.

We didn't watch it either. I tried to watch it once, when I first came to the US, but found it boring, since much of the time, the players seemed to be in a huddle and not actually doing anything. Not much of a sports fan, although I do like to watch the Olympics.

Lizzie

I did not watch.I am not a big fan of professional sports.If I am going to watch a football game give me a Pee-Wee football game.You just never know what will happen-kids running the wrong way and thinking they made a touchdown,etc.If Karl has it on I am often amazed how extremely bad behavior(obvious stomping on a player's-my foot just slipped) is tolerated by officials and coaches and fans.And then there's Michael Vick and the player who was packing a gun and shot himslef in the leg in a club.And they still let them play.These are the people young kids admire-no wonder our youth have problems.I just spent my time on the computer and tried to learn something.

We used to flip it on and off for the commercials, but then found out they are on the internet, so we don't bother with it. We don't like sports so we are in the minority on superbowl Sunday.

No superbowl here. Never been a big fan of football, and even less of a fan of Superbowl Sunday... My dad passed away on SuperBowl Sunday, granted that year it was Jan 31, its still hard to get past that it was Superbowl Sunday that year. [i went horseback riding that year, as I was at college and my dad in Tulsa at Cancer Treatment Center of America.]

No youre not the only one..i havent,watched tv in five years,,i dont care for sports,and when I did watch tv....thats all I wanted to do....or play nintendo....so we took the tv out of,the house...i have my internet..im good

default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif
WOW! No TV! Now I cant live without my tv. But i bet I would get a lot more stuff done if I did'nt have it!
default_wink.png

I didn't watch. Good thing there's more than one t.v. here
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

I like most sports but I just "don't get" football......"I don't get" Facebook either....
default_wacko.png

I didn't watch it--I've never cared to watch sports...not even WAY back in high school. I wanted to see the commercials, so dvd'd it.Tried watching some of the halftime show, but found it just a bunch of over-hyped costumed people leaping and springing, for the most part(I do know that Madonna and that chunky guy 'can' sing, but seems 'just singing' is often passe, nowadays)...and apparently, the honor of being invited to perform in this HUGE venue was unappreciated by at least one young woman(can't call her a young 'lady'), judging by the total lack of class and judgement on her part in showing disrespect for this entire country and its families by flashing an obscene gesture AND (apparently)following up a foul mouth. NBC and the NFL are 'apologizing' all over the place(while also blaming each other, speaking of lack of class)...but really, it should be the individual who apologizes...and I haven't heard anywhere that THAT has happened.

I've never watched the Super Bowl, but yesterday I was stuck while Keith and my sister watched it at her house after helping her pick up bookcases from IKEA. They watched while I read and played with the dogs...and ate.

I did watch a few commercials, but they were lousy this year, so all in all, it was a waste of a beautiful day.

No super bowl here either. Watched movies instead.

nope, didn't watch the stupid bowl...I mean super bowl either. I find NFL boring.....gimme a CFL game anyday. I don't regularly watch football, but I will watch the Grey Cup (the CFL's Super Bowl) if I'm not busy.

I was just disappointed that there was no hockey on last night
default_rolleyes.gif

~kathryn

I normally do watch but I was just too busy around the house and barn to watch. Only the last few minutes really matter so that is what I watched. I wanted Eli Manning to win because he (and his brother Payton) looks so much like my youngest son Matt.

Nope... we went to a "super bowl party" but left before the superbowl started. We milk cows at superbowl time. My husband tuned in on the radio at the barn, but we had two radios set up and I had on my country tunes on the other radio and pretty much ignored the game.

Well I do watch every superbowl, regardless who's playing, I usually have a wager going on...lol. I do like football and the Steelers and Lions are my favs so I do watch almost everyone of their games. I will say the commercials were terrible this year, along with the halftime show....yes Madonna looks great (wasn't ever much a fan though) but she lipsynched, it was like just watching a music video. And who the heck is MIA? Never heard of her, but didn't appreciate her behavior. The network and the NFL need to make these performers sign contracts that if they do anything deemed as obscene/disrespectful, they don't get paid. Or...make the halftime show on a lag a few seconds behind so they can edit out anything needing to be edited. The only think I can figure is that this chic (MIA) was giving Tom Brady (Patriots quarterback for those not into football) the finger...lol. I am pleased the Giants won and I even won me a few hundred bucks
default_smile.png

Back