Warts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
How/can you get rid of them? My new yearling has a bunch on her nose and they bother me to no end. Is there anything I can do? She has had them awhile now.

Here's somethings you can try like I did in the past:

1. apply crest tooth paste several times a day

2. apply warts off from Jeffers Equine

3. cut a potato in half and rub that on a million times a day

4. de-worm

5. I ended up pulling the blasted suckers off. Was nasty and bloody and took days but they came off and never came back

I think it takes about 2 months for them to run their course and fall off on their own. Its supposed to be a virus from what I understand.

Be sure you use gloves and separate this horse from others. Its contageous!

Although contagious, warts are mostly just ugly and don't do any harm, and they usually run there coarse in a couple months. There are things you can do, but whether you treat or not, they seem to take a couple months to get rid of. They mostly affect young horses; yearlings and two year olds. My stallion had them as a yearling, I wasn't too worried about them, so just let them be and they were gone in a couple months, maybe a little longer.

She is in with the rest of the group and has been all along. Nobody else has got them. This is my yearling project horse. She was wormed when she came here and a really bad infestation of worms. She has a few warts on her upper nose but mostly under her chin. She has probably had them about a month or so now.

If they aren't too too big, nip them off (you may want to apply some bedadine or something to the area afterward.).....be sure to wash your hands! And then let nature take its course. They shouldn't come back. Once a young horse has them they develop an immunity against getting them again.

If you have a particularly large wart, I would probably use the available Wart Remove Meds for either horses OR humans.

I had a horse that they were so bad they were up past the nostrils. I tried a couple of different things and what I found that worked was I took castor oil and with a eye dropper would let it run down his skin , it had to get to the base of them and in no time they were falling off. Good Luck

She is in with the rest of the group and has been all along. Nobody else has got them. This is my yearling project horse. She was wormed when she came here and a really bad infestation of worms. She has a few warts on her upper nose but mostly under her chin. She has probably had them about a month or so now.
If the others are all adults, they were probably exposed as youngsters and already have immunity; warts seem to plague just the youngsters, and some seem to be immune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Homeopathic remedy Thuja 30c tablets work well and are non evasive.

The wart off paints are also great.

Up the magnesium in your youngster's diet as the wart virus tends to go for a magnesium deficient host, hence also why it seems to affect youngsters more

Homeopathic remedy Thuja 30c tablets work well and are non evasive.

The wart off paints are also great.

Up the magnesium in your youngster's diet as the wart virus tends to go for a magnesium deficient host, hence also why it seems to affect youngsters more

How do you do that? YEs the others area all adults. I will have to try some ideas tonight.

I used the homeopathic Thuja recently on a couple of youngsters and it did work, pretty fast in one case. If they aren't bad I usually just let them run their course but she had them all around one eye...ick.

Jan

Latest posts

Back