video editing program

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
Looking for a full featured program for creating videos. I have been using Windows Movie Maker. It will create a basic movie with decent transitions, titles and music. And it is free.

But I'd like one that I can do slow motion, for instance.

I put movies on YouTube for compatibility reasons. I think everybody can view YouTube. So that is the final destination for most of my movies.

I own Flash and Photoshop and maybe I'll take some time to fool with Flash but I don't think it is suitable for what I want- which is making videos of horses.

What do you use?

Windows Movie Maker can do slow motion. You can slow down your video many times! Perhaps it has capabilities you are not aware of and you don't even need a new program!

Andrea

Here is a video I made with Movie Maker:

It sounds like you have found transitions, but not taken advantage of "effects" where you can speed up, slow down, fade out to white or black, and many other fun effects.

You can get pretty creative. I just finished a video with stills and video transitions and used slow motion... to slow it down more, you apply the effect twice.

Of course, if you use slow motion, it's probably best to mute the audio on that portion.

It's good for a free program, but I wouldn't mind having the ability to do more with a more powerful program, too. So I'd be interested in seeing what others use.
default_smile.png

See the video of my horse I created with Movie Maker, here.

Andrea-- I'm drooling!!!

And Brenda-- awesome video and nice horse!

Well THANK YOU very much! I never scrolled down all the way in the effects menu. I guess I don't need to spend any money.

I downloaded the new version but it wouldn't accept the video from my still camera. (which I was warned about in the reviews for that camera) I'll try my video camera sometime soon to see if it's worth using that one.

Thank you so much!!!

So I highly recommend Windows Movie Maker-- can't complain about FREE and it has a lot of features. Since all I want right now is videos of my horses to show movement, this is perfect.

This is what I wanted to do:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can insert stills, fade in and out, slow motion and do all kinds of stuff with the Windows Movie Maker. I had inquired a year or so ago about buying a program, which are not only expensive but I was told some of them are very difficult to decipher and use.

to mute the sound:

click on the clip in the timeline

in the menu select clip

select audio and choose your option

You have to do this for every clip you add. Sometimes I import different movies and piece them together. If you don't do it for each one you end up with sound.

Latest posts

Back