Slo-mo Liberty Video... eye candy?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disneyhorse

Reaction score
Okay, well maybe eye candy for me... I wish EVERYONE with hackneys and Modern Shetlands and well ANY pretty horse would shoot slow motion video of their horses so I can watch on YouTube. There is someone who videos hackney ponies in England in slow motion, and I can watch those things all day.

Well anyway, I got a new camera (not a video camera, just camera that can take some video) that actually formats in a way I can use my little video editing program finally (just Windows Movie Maker). Soooo what do you do when you are home sick and bored? Shoot some video and play with video editing!

Fortunately, my stallion is very active and requires no work whatsoever to ask him to play. These two videos were shot last night in just a few minutes' time, by me just standing in the arena.

At any rate, thought I'd share.

Andrea

Very much enjoyed the videos. You can tell your boy is quite a ham. Loved the way he would look right at the camera with the ball in his mouth!

Nice job on the videos. He looks like alot of fun. Really enjoyed the jolly ball video.
default_biggrin.png
The music was great also. Thanks for sharing.

Love your boy and he's such a ham!!! And so, so easy on the eyes.
wub.gif

Love the videos; but just gotta ask - Is his interest in the ball all his own initiative or did you do something to encourage it? Would love to see mine playing with something like that.

Oh how lucky you are! Those were beautiful videos!!! He is sooo gorgeous! I have several different sizes of jolly balls and none of mine will touch them. I wish they would though, I really enjoyed seeing Quake playing with his.
biggrin.gif

He is just obsessed with toys. Ever since he was a weanling, always had to have toys. All of my horses always have access to toys and most often will play with them. I will say that my horses live in stalls (Quake lives in a 16 X 20 box stall) so they don't have as much turnout as I'd like, so I make sure they have enough stimulation otherwise.

He has two sizes of Jolly ball in his stall, both the normal sized one and a little tiny one, and both are played with all day long. The arena, you can see the arsenal of balls in the corner for him
default_smile.png

Here's a video of him with one of those yoga balls you can buy in the gym section of WalMart or wherever. He will play with them fully inflated (loves to mount and flop around on them) and totally deflated (easy to pick up). This video, the ball was partially filled, he's not picky:

He's sort of mauled that ball, I need to buy another one and fill it up all the way and video THAT because it's pretty funny, too.

He's got more personality than any pony should be allowed to have. My Quarter pony is terrified if you kick a soccer ball at her, but Quake will run to grab it and will play fetch and soccer with you all you want. It's not hard to video him playing, all you do is go in the arena with a camera, kick the ball to him, and instantly he will play as long as you will laugh and watch him.

Andrea

He is just obsessed with toys. Ever since he was a weanling, always had to have toys. All of my horses always have access to toys and most often will play with them. I will say that my horses live in stalls (Quake lives in a 16 X 20 box stall) so they don't have as much turnout as I'd like, so I make sure they have enough stimulation otherwise.

He has two sizes of Jolly ball in his stall, both the normal sized one and a little tiny one, and both are played with all day long. The arena, you can see the arsenal of balls in the corner for him
default_smile.png

Here's a video of him with one of those yoga balls you can buy in the gym section of WalMart or wherever. He will play with them fully inflated (loves to mount and flop around on them) and totally deflated (easy to pick up). This video, the ball was partially filled, he's not picky:

JAY-sus he can move!
default_drool5.gif
Your music choice was awesome, I can't believe you found something that fit that well. How'd you do it? It was absolutely perfect, especially at about 40 seconds into the first video and 2:20 into the ball vid. The ball video impressed me as my horses can only pick up the jolly ball by the handle- even I can't dent the thing without standing on it. He must have jaws like a pyrana!
default_laugh.png

Off to watch the Welsh videos now.

Leia

That jolly ball is a little softer, it's pretty old. But he does like to flaunt he can grab it that way, very rarely uses the handle. He has a newer red one that is tougher for him to pick up like that, so he prefers the green one.

I like picking liberty music, and music for videos... I can tell within ten seconds if the music will work for the horse, and then usually luck just fits the rest of the way! It's all about tempo.

Andrea

That was so much fun to watch!!
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png
The music was perfect! You did such a great job holding the camera!

That is one of the most joyful boys I've ever seen! Mine get turn out for a minimum of 12 hours a day--and they get rambunctious, but for the most part they ignore the four Jolly Balls in the pastures. I can see why you don't need to work at exercising him!! I take mine for mile runs to ward of the grass.
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for sharing.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back