Very sick dog-prayers needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevann

Reaction score
I know it's only a dog, but my 12 yr old Corgi Blondie,is in the vet hospital with pneumonia.I tried to do a good deed by adopting a shelter dog, A male German shepherd.He brought home the flu and has it and also tested positive for Lyme.Both my Corgis now have it. and the older 1 is at the vet's.I call later to see what is to be done tonight-leave her there, bring her home for treatment or take her to the emergency clinic for overnight treatment.She won't eat or drink.The Shepherd is on meds and is doing some better.The Corgi at home is on meds and has to have breathing treatments 3 times daily.In the bathroom with hot steam for 20 minutes then poundon her ribs to break up mucous then walk.Fortunately she is still eating well and drinking lots.I feel so stupid.I ALWAYS isolate any new horse for 30 days before introducing them to the others.This Shepherd has so many behavior issues I brought him in the house to deal with those.I need lots of prayers especially for Blondie.She is such a sweet girl who loves all animals and people.I am very worried about her

I'm so sorry to hear this, I'll send a prayer right now to Saint Francis for a speedy recovery! Bless you, sending hugs and best wishes for Blondie. Love Terry

Soooo sorry to hear!!!! There are some nasty 'bugs' out there right now, at least I know there are in the conformation world. A number of dogs that were at the Cardigan Nationals came home with kennel cough-even though many of them had been vaccinated for it. I did not go, so was safe in that regard. My sister's pug got kennel cough a couple of weeks ago too...he is never around other dogs...and hasn't seen my dogs for months...they do live in a sub-division, so I suspect another dog in the sub-division is spreading it.

Hope she is ok! I'll keep you all in my thoughts!

~kathryn

Oh Bev, I had to go back and reread your post, I know it's only a dog, can't get that out of my mind, as I know your dogs are your life, and you love them so. You must be so distressed. I have already asked Saint Francis to speak to the one up high for your Blondie, but feel I must also send a prayer to him, himself to comfort you.

Saying prayers for your Corgis, especially Blondie. They are never 'just a dog'...they are family members. Many hugs.

So sorry to hear about your beloved pet. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

Just called the vet's office and Blondie is somewhat better-ate a little food and temp is down some.She can spend the night there(no one there) and I am to call in morning.Corgi ,Ducky- Blondies daughter,who is home here is still eating, drinking and peeing.Breathing is somewhat harsh but I think she is ok until morning 1 more breathing treatment in steamy bathroom and pounding on her chest to break up mucous.Thanks for all the prayers-they are working, but keep them coming.Not out of the woods yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
No such thing as only a dog! They're our babies and our friends -- FAMILY! I am happy there's improvement and will add my prayers to the other
default_wub.png

Saying prayers for your little Blondie that she continues to recover. I know how frightened you and she must feel. May God hold her in His healing hands and put her back in yours all well and recovered.

Bevann, first of all, please don't feel that there is ever the need to say "only a dog" when posting here on the forum. I am sure almost all of us own and love dogs too, so you are in GREAT company.
default_yes.gif

I hope and pray your dogs all pull through this, and sending extra prayers for your eldest girl. That is wonderful that you took in a rescue, and I hope it all works out for all of you. Hang in there. (((HUGS)))

I can't put it better than how Mona did..... Sending prayers for your beloved dogs,

Margo

That's right Bev, they are never only a dog to us, they are our children. I am so sorry this has happened to you. So unfair. Sending you many hugs for a speedy recovery for all. You are totally in my thoughts.

Blondie was better this morning, but spiked a fever a little while ago so she has to stay another night.I am to call before 7PM tonight to see what is going on.Keep the prayers coming.thanks to all of you for all your prayers and kind thoughts.

Now, Ducky, Blondie's daughter is not doing well.She has stopped eating and doesn't want to drink much.I'm going to sleep close by her tonight and get to the vet's early in the morning.Just trying to keep her temp down tonight.I think she may have pneumonia also.Keep those prayers coming.I need lots of them.

I've been sending prayers, I will send more!

Your sweet doggie kids have got to get better! {{{{Hugs}}}}

Long night with Ducky last night Up ever 2 hrs putting her in bathroom with steaming hot water-then pounding on chest to dislodge mucous then walking.Her temp at 1 time was over 104.0 but came down.she did eat&drink this AM but I went to vet -was there when they opened. Not pneumonia, but left her there to get IV antibiotics.Blondie had a bad night, but 1 of the vet tecs brought in cooked hamburger and I hand fed her.(Nice people there) I am to call later this afternoon.Hopefully by the weekend both dogs will be out of the woods and able to come home.Our Mini club has our show this weekend and I am supposed to help but may not be there much.Thanks for all the prayers and keep them coming.

I hope you get good news when you call. Strong and continued prayers. My heart goes out to you so much. I know how emotional it is when a dog is sick, and two is just twice as hard. Praying you are able to give a happy update soon.

Latest posts

Back