Why I fired my doctor Just have to vent

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chanda beat me to it -- even dogs who have not been trained to respond to medical conditions are sensitive to your actions, changes in body odor, etc. Billie, my Maltese, flips out when my blood sugar drops. Unfortunately, not being trained, she doesn't respond in the most helpful manner. From all you've said of Amy, I have no doubt that she was picking up on something being terribly wrong.

As for the doctor being young enough to be your daughter -- as we age, not only new young doctors, but seasoned, experienced ones are young enough to be our children. Yikes! Still, better to have a doctor that makes you FEEL old than a doctor that cheats you out of the opportunity to BE old.

Marty, this is quite the ordeal... Saw all this on FB.. Don't know what to say other than I'm glad things have turned the corner. Hang in there, spend time enjoying your new granddaughter growing up! Your son can wait patiently to see you, you know...

Take care please,

Andrea

Here is a couple of things I learned when Clyde was so sick. The nurses at the hospitals know all the scoop about who is good and who isnt and some of them will give you some recommendations to look for a good Dr. Also, use the internet! Look at reviews of them and you would be shocked to see what is out there regarding some! Look at their experience and other things as well. You can make a fairly decent educated guess on finding a good one if you do your homework. And then dont let them walk all over you- you know your own body better than anyone!

While talking to the nurses to find who their favorite doctor is is a good idea, I would never look at the online reviews. I worked at a walk in clinic for a couple of years and many people would walk in and demand the medication they thought they needed. Well, when the doctor or PA disagrees, many would not be happy. A lot of pain med seekers as well (probably way more than you think!) that would leave not so happy if they had just filled up the week before and were refused any more. Most people that went in were not doctors, but because of the internet they sure thought they were.

So glad you are better now, Marty. I hope you never have to go through something like this again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back