UPDATE! We brought Mario home today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwminis

Reaction score
[SIZE=18pt]We decided to keep Mario in ICU until yesterday and then decide what was best for him! He hasn't been able to swallow for 3 weeks, but yesterday I went to the hospital, haltered him and walk him out on the grass to say goodby! He instandly started eating! I was shocked! I had gone to the hospital to end his suffering! So, I stayed with him until after lunch and went home and told Wanalynn to go visit him to see it with her own eyes! She stayed with him all afternoon and came home to report that he even ran to the fence at the hospital to talk to a big mare! So, this morning I went back to the hospital to see Mario and he was walking around in his stall! I haltered him again and took him for a walk and he kept trying to go to the parking lot where my truck was parked! He made me believe that he wanted to go home by the way he was acting! He didn't want to go back in the hospital! So, I called Wanalynn and told he I was stopping all IV treatment and bringing him to the farm! He's now in his old dry lot and talking to the other horses! I really don't know if knows he's dieing or he's actully getting better! Either way it goes, he will stay here at the farm. If he crosses the rainbow bridge, then he will be buried here and if he lives it will be a the power of prayer that saved him! [/SIZE]

Mario has been in the hospital in ICU 3 times in the last month and he's lost about 50 pounds. It's going to take a miracle to bring him back to health, but we will give him every chance in the world to get better!

So, keep those prayers coming for Mario!

Thank You

Bill & Wanalynn

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry about Mario, ready this brought tear to my eyes.

default_pray.gif
: Thinking of you and Mario, / I bet he is happy to be home.
default_pray.gif
:

Bill & Wanalynn --

I will be thinking of you two and Mario A LOT! I really know that being where he is happy and surrounded by things and people he loves is in his best interest. Keep us posted and I know there are good thoughts and prayers coming from so many people.

Jill

Prayers continuing for you an Mario, whatever happens you have him where it appears he wants to be. so wonderful of you to listen to your little horses wishes.

oH Bill,

I am sending all my positive thoughts!

Your prize for picking the right day....

your boy recovering.
default_smile.png
)

Sandy

Oh Bill & Wanalynn, I am sending every prayer, healing thought and everything else I can muster to help with Mario's recovery! I wish you all the best, so sorry you are having to go through this terrible ordeal! But it sounds like Mario is helping you and himself at this point!

default_pray.gif
:

PRAYERS FOR MARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angel4.gif

Sounds like going home was what he was wanting!!!!!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Bill & Wanalynn, I am sending every prayer, healing thought and everything else I can muster to help with Mario's recovery! I wish you all the best, so sorry you are having to go through this terrible ordeal! But it sounds like Mario is helping you and himself at this point!

default_pray.gif
:

Oh My Goodness, Bill...thank God you took him home..that is where he wants to be...You and Wannalynn are the greatest..It will have to be easier on you having him there...And we all know about the power of prayer. Lot's more prayers are available for Mario and I'm sending them out now. By the way Bill I have some extra Seramune if you need it. How many more do you have still to foal?

Boy, Bill and Wanalynn, you have been on an emotional roller coaster with Mario. Poor guy! Thank you for posting. We'll keep the prayers coming your way. Please keep us updated from time to time. I think he just wanted to come home so he could rest and get well, instead of being poked and prodded all the time. Hugs to you all!

You guys have been amazing with Mario ~HUGS~ I hope he's home to heal, prayers still coming!

[SIZE=12pt]Bill & Wanalynn-[/SIZE]

So glad you brought him home - no matter what happens he'll be happier at home with you. It sure sounds like home is where he wants to be. Our thoughts and prayers continue to come your way - Mario - get better!! Keep us updated as you can.

Barbie & Dave

Goodness, I got chills reading this. I think Mario really wants to live and told you...My prayers will be continuing for him nd you.

Ginny StP

Goodness, I got chills reading this. I think Mario really wants to live and told you...My prayers will be continuing for him nd you.

Ginny StP

Bill & Wanalynn

I have been praying for Mario to get better, and will continue to keep him in my

prayers. Maybe he needs to be home to get better, with all his friends. Sounds like

that is what he wanted. Maybe he is getting depressed being away from his home and

his friends.

Prayers and Hugs

Vicky

Bill, I never stoped praying, sometimes love will conquer all, should he go at least he is home with those he loves and who love him, if he stays, what a blessed miracle.

[SIZE=18pt]Hi Judy, (ZacharyFarms)[/SIZE]

We have 2 more foals on the way! ICY is due tomorrow and Penny is due 0n 5-20 on Wanalynn's birthday! :aktion033: Thanks for the offer of Seramune, We may need it depending on the IGg level of the babies!

Bill

Latest posts

Back