*Update* Robin most likely is not pregnant.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was actually thinking about a way that I could get her there the other day, lol. I don't have a trailer though. I was deciding if she would fit in the back of my yukon, lol. Alas, I don't think it would work...

I will give her till tomorrow when she plans to come out and if she can't make it again, I will see if we can borrow a trailer and get her out there.

I don't think the vet is actually putting me off on purpose. She has stopped by on her way home a few times before and had no problems with it. She really has only missed one "appointment" since before that we were waiting for the wind to die down. I am pretty sure she will make it tomorrow
default_smile.png
She is a great lady, and I am very lucky to have her as my vet...I love her!

I put one of my mares in the back of my Accender and brought her home. We had a ramp and some help tho.
default_rolleyes.gif
. Hope you'll find out this week.

I put one of my mares in the back of my Accender and brought her home. We had a ramp and some help tho.
default_rolleyes.gif
. Hope you'll find out this week.

Lol...she would probably fit, but I would also have my two kids with me, and my main fear would be that she would freak out for some reason and hurt them accidentally.

yes, exactly. I am not a lover of putting mini's in cars, it is unsafe for them and the driver let alone children. Just be patient you will find out soon, we are all dying to know.

yes, exactly. I am not a lover of putting mini's in cars, it is unsafe for them and the driver let alone children. Just be patient you will find out soon, we are all dying to know.

YOU are dying to know? What about me?? lol
default_biggrin.png
It is killing me not knowing, lol. I am finally feeling a little better today, so I sat out there while they were eating this morning, just watching her...I don't know, maybe I am hoping to see an obvious foal kick
default_yes.gif

Tomorrow!! It probably won't be till late afternoon though...trust me, as soon as she leaves the first thing I will be doing is posting on here, lol
default_wink.png

ARGH!!! Well, the vet just called. Her words were, "would you believe me if I said I could make it out there tomorrow?" lol. She had some people come into the office late and she was just getting away (an hour late). She said that she has to drop a dog off on this end tomorrow afternoon so she HAS to come this way and she HAS to do it on time. So, tomorrow...ack...I thought I was done waiting! But, it isn't her fault, so I can't be mad at her
default_rolleyes.gif

Do you have a lighted garage with a power source where you could do it if it is dark outside? Just thinking. Hope she makes out it tomorrow.

Nope
default_sad.png
No garage...lol. I am sure she will make it today. She has to leave on time today, so I am sure she will make it
default_smile.png

Fingers crossed then, now that you have waited for so long do you have a preference? Foal or no foal?

I knew it,
new_rofl.gif
just wait, by the end of the year you will probably have bought a few more too.
footinmouth.gif

Lol...I don't think hubby would allow that...that is why I hope she is pregnant. Then the baby will be "grandfathered" in, lol...hubby can't say anything about me getting another one this way...mwahahahaha!
default_yes.gif

Lol...I don't think hubby would allow that...that is why I hope she is pregnant. Then the baby will be "grandfathered" in, lol...hubby can't say anything about me getting another one this way...mwahahahaha!
default_yes.gif
I have 7 now and hubby moans but he hasn't left yet
new_rofl.gif

Heres what I did, I used the old excuse "The judges place the men higher, please show my horse, she is already trained". He caught the bug, now we fight over who wears the won belt buckels! The only downside is now he is buying horses! I don't need any more horses!!!
default_yes.gif

Lol...nice
default_smile.png

Well, the vet came out tonight. The ultrasound was useless. It wasn't one of the longer "probe" ones. She kind of used two fingers to guide it and it didn't work. She did a sort of external palpation that should allow her to feel a foal if there is one...she didn't feel anything. She thinks that she is just fat. She isn't saying that she definitely isn't pregnant, but she is pretty sure she is just fat.

On a different note, she wants to wait to geld Batman until the nights warm up a little more.

So, there you go...Robin most likely is not pregnant
default_smile.png
I will still bee checking her every once in a while, just in case though, lol
default_wink.png

Oh My Gosh.... When I looked at the picture of Robin I thought it was my mini. Looks like a twin!!! Here's hoping your vet is wrong and she is pregnant after all......

Lol...nice
default_smile.png

Well, the vet came out tonight. The ultrasound was useless. It wasn't one of the longer "probe" ones. She kind of used two fingers to guide it and it didn't work. She did a sort of external palpation that should allow her to feel a foal if there is one...she didn't feel anything. She thinks that she is just fat. She isn't saying that she definitely isn't pregnant, but she is pretty sure she is just fat.

On a different note, she wants to wait to geld Batman until the nights warm up a little more.

So, there you go...Robin most likely is not pregnant
default_smile.png
I will still bee checking her every once in a while, just in case though, lol
default_wink.png
Honestly, I don't think it is possible to do an external palpation and come to a conclusion as to her not being pregnant (I think it would be similar to just guessing). If you feel a foal kick then you know she is pregnant but I don't think you can say that she isn't pregnant just because you didn't feel anything. That's just my opinion though
wink.gif
We'd sure be able to save a lot of money on preg checks if that was possible!! haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, my vet even got it wrong with an internal ultra sound and my mare gave birth to a colt !

Honestly, I don't think it is possible to do an external palpation and come to a conclusion as to her not being pregnant (I think it would be similar to just guessing). If you feel a foal kick then you know she is pregnant but I don't think you can say that she isn't pregnant just because you didn't feel anything. That's just my opinion though
wink.gif
We'd sure be able to save a lot of money on preg checks if that was possible!! haha
It was more of a palpation than just feeling for a kick. I don't know how to describe it without making it sound evil, lol. She leaned over her and kind of pushed her hand into her abdomen. She said that normally if there is a foal in there, you will feel it, that you will hit bone. She didn't feel anything.

She openly admitted that she hasn't had the best luck with determining pregnancy in minis, lol. I am just going to keep an eye on her...we shall see.

Latest posts

Back