Update on Property purchase

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Well I made an offer on a place today. It has a 2bdrm 1bthrm house, 3.08 acres. It has a brand new never been used two car garage. Theres a couple horse stalls in there. We can put two 12 X 12 stalls and a small

one for Shorty in the shop. Then ther is another building that needs some fixing up for the little guys to have stalls in. We will have three separate pastures for the horses. Lots of yard for the dogs to run and get exercise. It has a front covered deck and a nice back deck without cover and a small fenced yard off the back deck to keep the dogs away so we can barbeque and enjoy. If we all move in right away it will be a little tight and crowded but we plan to add another bedroom on and then we will have alot more room to spread out also another bthrm off the new bedroom. Oh did I forget to say that the owner countered my

offer and I plan to accept his terms. There is a person who already wants to buy my place without me ever

having to list and pay realtor fees. He is a Real Estate Broker who has investment properties. He is going to come look first of next week and we will talk price and all then. He has wanted to buy my place for about

5 yrs because it is already setup as a duplex has two separate living quarters in it. It is in an area that is building up and right on the edge of commercial properties. I am very excited to get my group moved out

onto acreage and no longer live totally alone. It is only 10 minutes from work and about 3 minutes from

the highway. There are no fences up at this time so we will have to fence areas and build two stalls prior

to moving in. The neighbors around there also own horses so that will be good. I will use some of my

vacation time to make this move. I'm very very very excited about this as is my daughter and her

husband. Here are pics I don't have any shots of the pasture area just the buildings. It is a nice place for all my critters. I suspect if there are any predators 5 big dogs will keep them away. Including the human type predators.

house2.jpg

house1.jpg

house.jpg

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif

default_new_multi.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Marie!!!

Hope it all falls together quickly and wonderfully for you!!!

I'm happy for you. Very pretty place... sure looks like Home Sweet Home! I hope it closes quickly for you and your improvements go up just as fast.

I should also say that it is no longer blue. The seller had brand new vinyl siding put on the house and it is now a real light yellow color. The shop is also a light yellow but fo some reason in the pics it shows up blue.

Go figure.

Is this the first or the second place that you were looking at?
Daryl this is the first place we looked at. It is on Fullerton Rd. This is the one that got me wanting to make

the move because I've always liked this place. It's quick to the highway and off to work, also all the buildings are on the front corner of the property leaving the rest for dogs and horses. And I like the fact

that it is boundaried on three sides with roads. It's right on the 90 deg curve on Fullerton Rd.

Thank you to everyone else. Today I will accept the sellers counter offer and proceed from there. Mortgage financing was already preapproved for me so now it goes to it passing inspections and the guy buying me out of my place quickly. I could be moving in right around the first week in April. Woo Hoo! My boss so loves it when I come into his office and do my little happy dance.

My son-in-law is totally excited about being able to live on the same property as his horse. He plans to build a tee pee at the end of the property so he can camp out down there with his dogs. My daughter is already planning on getting a Llama or Alpaca. She had two Llamas but was unable to keep them a few years back.

Shorty is the one I'm concerned about. He doesn't like having to move to a new bldg on this place. Imagine having to get in the truck and move to a completely new home. He will certainly be dis-GRUNT-led over this.

Luckily for him he is the last little piggy in the five, "and this little piggy went home".

Congratulations!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything runs smoothly for you.
default_aktion033.gif

I'm curious why you prefer to be bounded by roads on all sides.
default_unsure.png
I know your area isn't exactly high-traffic but around here that's a bad thing when you have pets.... Is it because it will keep them from developing the property next to you?

Leia

What a nice little slice of heaven! Farmettes are in high demand around here. Lucky you! Congratulations!

What a cute place!

Good Luck!

I hope it all goes thru like you want, then you can enjoy your new home post lots of pix...

Congratulations!!! You sound so excited and my well wishes to you in your new homestead! Now about that tee-pee!!!...... hubby and I have thought about getting one too. Found a company online that sells them in the Pacific North West. There is a property just down the road from ours that has a beautiful one sitting out towards the end of their property....kind of like in a clearing and then woods behind it. It looks awesome...and I think would be so neat for those campfire nights when it's a bit too breezy to sit out by the firepit. Keep me posted on it if your son-in-law gets it...I'd love to know more about it.

Signed the paper accepting their counter offer today. Then found out that he also put in all new vinyl windows along with the vinyl siding. Soo Awesome. That's what I have here and they are both wonderful.

Just don't barbeque too close to the house. [SIZE=12pt]Not a good idea![/SIZE] My lovely brother did that even

after I told him not too. Vinyl siding melts :stupid

Leia yes it's because we won't have neigbors building too close. We will have all animals in very secure fences. I always do that. My house in town is fenced with chain link gated driveways and hot wire to keep everyone away from the outside fences. Including the big dogs.

Also the roads on two sides of the property are very very quiet country roads. One is half paved and partly gravel and only has two homes besides ours on it. It is a wonderful area for driving as I will have another

Mini person as a neighbor sort of. Mary Graff will be meeting up with me to drive at times. She is very excited that I am moving into the neighborhood.

Marie, be sure to do your research and find out what your property is worth before you talk to this agent. He will try to steal it from you, I'm sure. I'm sure you aren't greedy ( I KNOW you aren't
default_wink.png
), however, you do deserve to get a fair market value for your home as the next person would. Being a real estate broker myself, I'll do some checking from here and see what I can find for you. If you want to PM me the size of your property and other details I could use, I can do that in the next day or two.

Good luck to you!!!

Marie, be sure to do your research and find out what your property is worth before you talk to this agent. He will try to steal it from you, I'm sure. I'm sure you aren't greedy ( I KNOW you aren't
default_wink.png
), however, you do deserve to get a fair market value for your home as the next person would. Being a real estate broker myself, I'll do some checking from here and see what I can find for you. If you want to PM me the size of your property and other details I could use, I can do that in the next day or two.

Good luck to you!!!
Thanks Kathy, The agent I am working with to buy the home has advised me somewhat to value of my property. This property is hard to value because of location. Even though I won't pay listing fees with my agent if the other agent buys it he is going to help me. Really nice guy. My property can have a small business and be divided and a tri plex put on the back lot. My house is basically already a duplex. Corner lot 1/2 acre in town close to everything. That alone increases the value of the property. I have no intention of giving this place away as I have a real good idea of value plus he has wanted it for 6 yrs or more.

Latest posts

Back