Update on Petunia

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw Niki dang it all. I just happened to cruise on by and see this. I cannot beleive this is happening with what all you've been through already. So unjust. So danged unfair. I am hoping those anti's will suddenly kick in and take care of this.

Aw darn. I was hoping to hear that she had improved. She isn't any worse is she? Is it something that could be stretched with out cutting her again? Poor girl.

[SIZE=14pt]Nik, I was just wishing for some good news here since I haven't been on the forum in a long time and haven't talked to you in a few days. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Next time you go out, will you give her a big hug for me? Does she need some pretty hair bows to cheer her up?? [/SIZE] :new_multi:

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt] :aktion033: I FINALLY[/SIZE] got to hear Tunia bray :aktion033:
[SIZE=12pt]She sounds so Sweet
default_wub.png
: & Spoiled[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]by the tone of her bray ... she sounds OK
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] :aktion033: I FINALLY[/SIZE] got to hear Tunia bray :aktion033:
[SIZE=12pt]She sounds so Sweet
default_wub.png
: & Spoiled[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]by the tone of her bray ... she sounds OK
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Oh my gosh, I'm laughing at your avatar Teri!! If that doesn't get us in the Christmas spirit, I don't know what will...LOL [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]About Tunia, the last time I heard her bray when I was talking to Nik, I actually asked her if Petunia was in the house or if Nikki was in the barn... She's got a set of lungs on her, that's for sure! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]hi all, she is done with her meds. but still no difference. she is still herself and does'nt seem to be in any discomfort, we are just keeping a close eye on her. wish someone could tell me how long she can go on like this, i guess there is no definate answer, it's just wait and see. thanks for thinking of us
default_smile.png
, oh also i did go a take a look at a buddy for her, it was horrible...their feet were curled up and twisted and they could barely get around. i snuck some pictures because i could'nt believe what i was seeing :no: . Corinne and Susan did you get the pictures i sent?
[/SIZE]

Thanks for updating us.
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: still going up for her, and also for her possible buddy that you went to look at (how sad to see a donkey with hooves like that :no: I hope he/she can be helped too).

Still thinking of Tuni and you everyday and sending prayers and warm fuzzies. Gosh sorry to hear about the buddy's feet had she/he foundered or were they just long?

[SIZE=14pt]thanks for thinking of us
default_yes.gif
: , as for the donkies, there were 6 adults and 2 babies. all the adults feet were horrible
default_sad.png
. some had a harder time to get around then others. i think i took pictures of 3 different donkies feet. tried to make it look like i was taking pictures of the whole donkey
default_unsure.png
: . i was going to post them but then thought twice as they do not belong to me. Nikki
[/SIZE]

Maybe if you only showed us the feet it would be OK? We bought 2 donkeys a couple of years ago and they had pretty bad feet. We got them to almost normal in a very short period of time. Our Jack died 6 months after we got him but I think his feet would have been completely normal. Petunia has one badly twisted foot but the rest came around for her. I think I have pictures of her feet when we brought her home. She was also 11 months pregnant at the time. I'll post them in a seperate thread for you.

How is our Petunia doing! tee hee. List mascot you know. :bgrin I hope she has improved or is at least holding her own.

[SIZE=14pt]Petunia is still about the same, i did notice this weekend that she would stand to pee and just strain but then later saw her actually peeing her little stream. i have called the vet again, i know he is going to say just watch her but called anyway. she seems otherwise fine though, eating and drinking and lots of braying :eek: ...Nikki[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]it is possible that you have heard her Teri...OMG she shakes the house
default_unsure.png
: ...I now have resorted to running out the door and when i yell her name she stops mid bray and sqeaks to a halt, don't know which the neighbors find more offensive her braying or me yelling
default_wacko.png
: , Zada has even started doing it, she says "OH PETUNIA STOOOP" and rolls her eyes
default_rolleyes.gif
: .
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back