Update on Petunia

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]I forgot to say what a cute picture of your Petunia, PaintedMeadows! give her a hug from us too! Nikki[/SIZE]

Thank you Nikki. After I sent it I worried that maybe it wasn't appropriate but I think she looks quite alot like your Petunia. We are worried that we might have to put her down this winter as her arthritis is getting quite bad. :no: Right now she is doing pretty good though so we are just watching her. I will give her a hug for you. She is such a lover that it is easy to do!!
default_wub.png
:

Rhonda-Lynne

I wasn't expecting to read the recent update on Petunia.
default_sad.png
I thought all her bad news was behind her. . . I hope things work out o.k. Have you done any research on the web? Maybe there's something out there that can be done. Best wishes,

chico

[SIZE=14pt]yes, we done lots of research even before this happened, we did so because we knew there was a chance it would. basically surgery and still even with that it could scar shut again. Cornell has only seen 3 cases like hers so there isn't a whole lot of info. out there. we'll just have to wait and see...[/SIZE]

Oh Nikki,

My heart is so heavy for you and Tunia. I have always thought of Tunia as Twoie's "sister" since they both went through their terrible dystocias this spring at the same time. I'm just so sad for you both after everything else that you've been through.

Just know that you and Tunia are in our prayers.
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

default_wub.png
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_pray.gif
:

[SIZE=12pt]Love and prayers for Petunia... I'll be thinking of you all.[/SIZE]

Bless her heart
default_wub.png
:

Tunia is a fighter
default_yes.gif
:

We have all learned so much from her strength and her "Donkey" determination
default_yes.gif
:

Hopefully it is just "one" more hurdle she has to go through

default_pray.gif
:

How is sweet, sweet Petunia today? I hope better. Kisses on that velvety soft nose please!!
default_wub.png
:

Yes...how is she?

Is she peeing more freely?

Did they do a Urine catch on her and test it for infection?

Give her a Hug and an Apple for me
default_yes.gif
:

Hey Nikki, while your out there giving her (((hugs)))
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: dont forget to give her one from me and the "kids" too.
default_wub.png
: Hang in there Tunia, this is just one little hurdle that you have to get over for your donkey talk fanclub. We know you can do it and your in the best of care. Ce

[SIZE=14pt]well i don't think the antibiotic is doing much, her stream is still very small and doesn't seem to be improving. he didn't think it was an infection but figured it was worth a try. she doesn't seem to getting any worse either so that's good. always sooo much going on, my head is whirling. thanks all for asking, Nikki[/SIZE]

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Just sending ((((((HUGS))))))) from myself and Twoie to you and Tunia.

Nikki, I have been searching for this post this morning. I had remembered reading it, but was looking on the horse forum.
default_rolleyes.gif
: Anyway, it is found now, and I want to say my thoughts and prayers are with your Petunia. I just talked with my vet this morning about the same thing going on with Cookie, my mini horse who had the bad dystocia this spring. He said pretty much the same as your vet, and just recommended a wait and see approach. He did say that in their practice they did have a full sized mare have the same problem this year, and hers is resolving itself (but just now), so maybe that can give you some hope, as it has me.
default_pray.gif
: for Petunia and Cookie and all the other liitle ones who need some extra help from above.

Rita

[SIZE=14pt]Rita, thank you for that info., sorry to hear your Cookie is having issues too
default_sad.png
. the big teaching school (Cornell) has seen only 3 cases in large mares so it's new to them. did your mare ever have a cath. put in? we were really hoping that would do the trick. thank you Miniwhinny and Emily's mom
default_yes.gif
: ...
[/SIZE]

How is dear, sweet Petunia today? I hope better or at least holding her own. I think about her all the time. I will be watching for updates.

[SIZE=14pt]sorry i missed this...Petunia is still the same, she is eating and drinking and acting like herself, still strains and dribbles pee though...thanks for asking
default_smile.png
, Nikki
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back