Update on Petunia

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvwalkers

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]I have noticed in the last month or so that I never ever see Petunia pee. So the last week or so I have made a point to stay around and try to catch her. When she first got home she had a big fast normal stream and now it barely any. She is straining and only a little stream maybe the size of a straw or less comes out and it takes her great effort to get that out. I just came in and she keeps trying to go but just little dribbles. I had a feeling this was going to happen. I have placed a call into the vet where she stayed and we'll see what she has to say. I needed to share, thanks for listening, Nikki [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Nikki,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I hope everything will be ok. Please let us know what the vet says. We all know Petunia is a fighter!
default_wub.png
:
[/SIZE]

Oh no. Poor Petunia! Please do keep us updated. I hope it can be fixed. She has been through so much but she is definitely a fighter!! Love ya Petunia!!
default_wub.png
:

[SIZE=12pt] Aww poor Petunia.. she's been through so much!! My prayers are with you all.. she'll pull through. Please keep us updated!! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Oh no Nik, I am hoping that everything will be ok, Tunia is definitely a fighter. I hope this is going to be something very simple to take care of. Let us know what the vet has to say~~ or give me a jingle on my cell. PROMISE I wont be in the barn with donkeys trying to talk to you in the background! Ce[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]I talked to the vet and I have 3 options...none of which are very good. I can bring her back and have her cathed but once it is removed her urethra will most likely start to scar shut again or I can bring her to Cornell and see what they think about sugery...the first option would just be to prolong her life a few weeks (if it is totally closing, but there is no way to know) second is not something I can afford to do and the third is just wait and watch her and if she starts to go down hill further then we will not let her suffer. I also called the local vet and he did return my call tonight but we were outside and missed it but said he would try later or tomorrow. I am not expecting him to have much to add to what we already know but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Nikki [/SIZE]

:no: I hoped to read that it was treatable. I am sorry, Nikki.. Tunia has fought so much, Sending prayers
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: her / and your way..

default_pray.gif
: Aww Nikki, I am sooo sorry. My fingers are crossed and ya'll are in my prayers. She is such a fighter and has been through so much... thank God she has you!!
default_pray.gif
:

OHHhhhhh Nikki :no:

I can't believe it :no:

I am so sorry for Tunia/you and all of us ( we all Love her)...she has been our "poster child" for the worst of the worst senario for foaling
default_sad.png

Oh my...don't give up on her...I know you won't.

I'll call you tomorrow.... we just got home from the fair a bit ago....exhausted/b*tchy & hungry

Hugs to you both ... ttyt

Oh Nik, This just dont seem fair, she has fought so long and hard to overcome everything that she went thru. I was hoping to hear that this was just going to be a ut infection and something that is easily treatable. What ever you decide to do , we all know you will make the right decision. You go out and give Tunia and Zada a big hug from all of us on the forum, and let Tunia know we're all keeping our fingers, and toes crossed and praying she will beat this too. This just seems like such a little minor set-back compared to what she has been thru. I still have her pic from St. Patricks day, along with Zepps newborn pic hanging on my fridge! (((hugs))) talk to you later, Ce

Awwww, poor Petunia. I too was hoping it was something minor. It just doesn't seem fair. :no: Hugs and kisses from me and our Petunia.
petunia.gif

:no: I'm sorry the vet didn't have any better options... HUGS and prayers for you guys and Petunia!

aaawww Nik BUMMER... i can't believe it after all you have already been through. i sure thought having the cath in while Petunia was healing would solve the problem... unbelievable that the scarring would continue so long after! i was so hoping for better news but you have done so much, PLEASE don't beat yourself up if the right decision is to end her suffering, at least you caught it, we saw it so late with Bonny that there wasn't even time to try anything and she died on her own in our yard (in my lap!), we didn't even have time to ease it for her... OMG this just brings it all back, i KNOW what you are going through and i feel so bad for you... please holler any time you need a shoulder!!! i am here for you
default_wub.png
: man life just really s*cks sometimes :no:

I am so sad to hear she is not doing well
default_sad.png
My prayers are with your sweet "P"

[SIZE=14pt]thanks everyone, we are going to try her on antibiotics, it can't hurt if it does happen to be an infection. most likely she is scarring closed so i am not going to get my hopes up. we will just have to watch her closely. Nikki[/SIZE]

OMG I am so sorry... I came over to see if there were any Petunia updates. I sure was hoping for better news. I hope it turns around Nikki!!!! We are all pulling for you both.

Back