Under 30" Driving Mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miracleminis

Reaction score
Hello,

This questions may have been asked before, but I need help. I have a mini that is just under 30" who is being trained to drive. He is doing great. I want to show him at local shows and drive him for pleasure at my home. I am not looking for an expensive show cart or harness. Does anyone have a recommendation where to purchase an easy entry cart or harness for my under 30" mini?

Thanks for you help!!

My daughters horse is 29.50 and we got his harness at MiniExpress it is a well made harness he can show in and finally a harness that fits him properly!

I would reccommend getting his measurements and having one custom made, that is what I'm doing. Of course I live in Amish country so it's easy to find someone local to do that. But there are lots of online companies that will make one too. I've not had luck finding any premade ones that would fit a horse under 30.

I've had 2 horses at or under 30". I used standard EE carts with 20" wheels on both. I had a cart with 16" wheels but I liked the 20" better.

Double Diamond has a nice harness, as does Star Lakes. Most of the better known tack stores have good quality harnesses and are willing to work with you if it's too big.

Good luck and have fun driving!!

I used standard EE carts with 20" wheels on both. I had a cart with 16" wheels but I liked the 20" better.
That is the same mistake I made once too. I bought 18" wheels for my smaller horses, but soon realized that while it LOOKED better, they were so much harder for the horses to pull with. (The larger the wheel, the easier the cart moves.) So, I too went back to 20" wheels.

I did have a set of shafts made that were a couple of inches shorter as well. I hate to see a horse stuck way out in front of the cart...makes it look "off" IMHO.

Latest posts

Back