Udder & milk testing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'

Not sure which picture you mean, but no. Only Snickers and my very old girl, Cottontail in the background. I will TRY to upload a picture of my boy..... This is Busy Man's Electric Volt. Bay Pinto. Foaled 06/10/2015. Stallion. This side of him doesn't show a couple of white zig zag markings (small) that look light lightning. He doesn't usually look at me like this but he isn't particularly thrilled with getting his picture taken lately. He is still a bit skittish and he watches when I check on the girls so I think he figures he's next!! LOL
What a nice boy, he should be worried if you're thinking about checking if he's in foal, hahaha. It must be your old girl who looks bay but has the mostly white tail? That makes sense with her name 😊.

Lucky girl! Look at that belly, I can't believe she's still hanging on. Maybe tonight 🤞

Well “they” say everything happens in threes so maybe Trixie, Tilly and Squirt will all have their babies tonight! Lol 🤞🤞🤞
YES!!! The sooner she pops the sooner we can bring her home........

Sorry Pitter Patter, I guess you're going to have to wait! ;)
While I know you can’t always tell things from photos, I feel like Rosie, Snickers and Pepper might be around the same stage, so they can be the next 3!

Attachments

• 2249CB35-610F-4913-A8BC-8F28247822DD.jpeg
    2249CB35-610F-4913-A8BC-8F28247822DD.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 5
Hey ladies, I can’t believe there are no babies from your girls yet!
So today I noticed the swelling in front of Rosie’s udder is actually visible from the side. It still feels squishy like it did before, just bigger. Is this just a normal stage of impending udder development?

Attachments

• CD1B4C8E-8156-4544-B082-9B36DC0F6337.jpeg
    CD1B4C8E-8156-4544-B082-9B36DC0F6337.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 9
Yes it is. The edema can move back towards the udder when it starts or stay where it is or even get bigger. She's starting :D

Trixie has had edema for at least 7 weeks & its definitely gotten bigger the last few weeks.
Does Rosie has much udder development?

Trixie's vulva is looking more relaxed to me and maybe a bit of waxing on her teats, I ran out of PH testers and decided not to buy more, so I am not checking that anymore.... Hopefully something is happening and she isn't faking me out again!

Trixie has had edema for at least 7 weeks & its definitely gotten bigger the last few weeks.
Does Rosie has much udder development?
Barely anything at all, but I’m sure that will get there in the coming weeks.

Back