Udder & milk testing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PH went up and seems to be more near 7.5, she hasn't show any signs, except this AM she was in an awful mood!! She tried to run me over 2x while out for her walk (bad little girl) and she was just as nasty to the big horses, screaming and kicking at them through the fence.

Udder feels softer this AM, PH is back to 6.8 and she is being odd... Yesterday she stayed out in her paddock all day, usually she stands in her stall. Last night I didn't see her lay down at all, I check the monitor every hour through the night and usually catch her snoozing 3-4x a night. This AM, she wanted out of her stall and when I let her out she walked as fast as she could to the far back on the property (we have 10 acres), she NEVER goes back there... She wandered around and butt rubbed on the fence a lot and walked herself through bushes a bunch too... I watched from a distance for about an hour.... She finally wandered back up near the barn and is just hanging out nibbling weeds now.

Udder feels softer this AM, PH is back to 6.8 and she is being odd... Yesterday she stayed out in her paddock all day, usually she stands in her stall. Last night I didn't see her lay down at all, I check the monitor every hour through the night and usually catch her snoozing 3-4x a night. This AM, she wanted out of her stall and when I let her out she walked as fast as she could to the far back on the property (we have 10 acres), she NEVER goes back there... She wandered around and butt rubbed on the fence a lot and walked herself through bushes a bunch too... I watched from a distance for about an hour.... She finally wandered back up near the barn and is just hanging out nibbling weeds now.

Sounds close!

No 😢
Last night was uneventful...today, she is still wanting to be alone and going to the back of the property...she has rubbed her butt so much that she has a raw/red spot on her butt cheek. PH looked 6.8 still, maybe a tad higher 😳

Anyone want a cute and annoying pony that may or may not give birth in 2020 😝!
PH was a solid 7.2 this AM... No clue what the deal is with that!
She is being very calm and sweet, but still wants to be way out back by herself... I just came to check on her and she was flat out napping... I had a half heart attack a first thinking it was happening up here on our back hill.... But NO!!
Lots of butt rubbing and pressing and also rubbing her belly and udder on low bushes!

Poor you! She will have it.....I think. If it makes you feel any better Tilly isn't giving any behavioral signs that she's pregnant at all except for the odd tail swish or belly bump at night. She's had no physical changes since last Wed and what's there is pathetically little for 10 weeks of getting ready. I'm not trying to compare who has it worst, I think it's a tie between you, me and PitterPatter. What is with this torture?!?!?!?!?!?!? 😖😫😱🤪

I was told Tilly was bred on her foal heat so that would have been May 20 about, so no, no idea.
PitterPatter was told Snickers was bred in June.
No baby?

So both for you are very overdue!!🙁

No baby and we have no date at all for us.... Trixie was pastured with a stallion and the seller just said this spring or summer she would foal. Vet confirmed pregnancy via ultrasound about 3.5 weeks ago and said she is definitely at the end of her pregnancy (she brought the wrong wand and couldn't give me any exact measurements, we saw 2 legs and a head).

Either both overdue or the owners had no idea, I'm going with no idea 😤. Tilly was running with the stud too. I got hold of a previous owner who said Tilly would get a bag for two weeks before foaling, well she's been getting a bag for 10 weeks. What is it with these people?

WOW!!! Trixie has had a bag for about 7 weeks now.... Holy cow 10 is insane!! There's goes everything you read online (bagging 2-6 weeks prior to foaling). Are you "watching" Tilly all the time? I have a baby moniter and wake up hourly through the night and basically stalk Trixie pal day while she is out...lol... Im running on about 4-5 hours sleep a night for a few weeks now.

Hahaha, I'm the same. I have a camera in her stall and check every hour and constantly check her during the day. She's gotten a little cranky about hands on her belly and udder all the time 😃. My other little one popped at 10 weeks two years ago without looking "ready", I'm hoping they've been talking.

Back