Udder & milk testing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what Sally was doing before foaling. We had a lot of action several nights in a row (always at night), then she was quiet for a few nights but did a lot of butt rubbing. When she started having contractions, Sterling was in my husband's lap within four minutes. It was my turn to sleep. He was born before I could get my pants and boots on and get out there. Rob did have to break him out of the sack. You are having a baby TODAY!!!

I'd let her foal outside, no reason to bring her in. Sounds like you could have a baby NOW or at least today!!!!!

What a nice boy, he should be worried if you're thinking about checking if he's in foal, hahaha. It must be your old girl who looks bay but has the mostly white tail? That makes sense with her name 😊.
Well the papers I have on Cottontail state she is black. She isn't shedding out like the others, very patchy and slowly. But she is black under all that fluff! Her tail is mostly white with some black. I don't have the papers in front of me at the moment and can't recall if she is bay or pinto? The picture of Volt is funny to me. When I enlarge it you can see his eyes which seem to say, "Oh heck no!!" LOL. He is a very good boy though. What are other people's experience with mini stallions? Volt is standoffish but very curious. But if he gets a little one on one he is sweet with me for a couple of days and will approach me in the paddock for a scratch or treat. I think if I worked with him more he would be just as cuddly as my girls!! (Well, except for Snickers, who isn't particularly thrilled with being touched.)

Thank you all! Im still watching and waiting... While I have her "locked up" Trixie is walking in and out of her stall a lot, she usually just stands on 1 side, when she is out, she either stands quietly or butt rubbs.
Lots of milk/waxing and still leaking some clear fluid from behind.

Latest posts

Back