Twoie - She's home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is wonderful news! Remember what I told you? Once she turns the corner it will be quite amazing. I KNOW TWOIE WILL BE WITH YOU FOREVER! Just as my Ally will be with me. :D

That is wonderful news! Remember what I told you? Once she turns the corner it will be quite amazing. I KNOW TWOIE WILL BE WITH YOU FOREVER! Just as my Ally will be with me. :D
I do remember you saying that. I was out this morning and came home as fast as I could, so excited to see her. She's just looking so well I can hardly believe she was so ill just a few days ago.

I can't express the relief I now feel
default_yes.gif
:

Just waiting for the vet to call. Gonna get a few refills on some meds so we can keep up the good work. :aktion033:

I am so very thrilled for you. When they turn a corner it thrills the heart like nothing else!

Go Twoie Go Twoie Im sooo happy to hear good news two days in a row for this girl. :aktion033:

I just want so bad to give you ALL a

[SIZE=24pt](((((HUGE GROUP HUG)))))[/SIZE]

Just put her in the barn (early tonight 'cus Ozy needs to get out and stretch his legs) and she's not the same horse she was a few days ago. She's bright, happy and not showing any signs that would even let you know anything ever happened. I went to the vets (AGAIN LOL) and refilled a few prescriptions. I think she's going to be in these through the weekend and then she'll go back in to test her protein levels on Monday.

Hey, if ANYONE in the Central Oregon area needs a good vet...Dr. Jen Gold at Bend Equine. I LOVE her. She calls me every single day to check on her "Little Monkey". She's gone over and above anything I could have expected including staying up with Twoie all night long when she was in ICU. She will be my vet forever now (poor woman LOL).

I had a small pity party early this morning. For 2 1/2 weeks I've spent every waking moment focusing on Twoie to the point where I've had no chance to think about anything else. Today I had a chance to mentally relax a bit knowing how well she's doing. Oh gosh, the blues swept over me. I just bawled that I lost my precious baby and that my beautiful mare will never again have another foal...lasted about 10 minutes 'til I thought I could add one more thing to my pity list...loosing Twoie too. YAHOOOOOOOO...I'm NOT going to loose her YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Everyone out there with new foals...give 'em a big smackeroo from me
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Oh goodness Gal I can just slug you!

I haven't had much forum time lately and have been looking for an UPDATE on Twoie. I've been very worried when I haven't seen anything.

It never occured to me to check the back pages of this post! :new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

What a weenie I am!

I am soooooo happy for you and Twoie.

You made me smile with this last report!
default_yes.gif
:

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Now thats the kind of update I like to hear!

Oh goodness Gal I can just slug you!

I haven't had much forum time lately and have been looking for an UPDATE on Twoie. I've been very worried when I haven't seen anything.

It never occured to me to check the back pages of this post! :new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

What a weenie I am!

I am soooooo happy for you and Twoie.

You made me smile with this last report!
default_yes.gif
:
Oh ...maybe I'm the weenie. :eek: Maybe I should be starting new threads when I have news. Oups...still learning board etiquette
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=12pt]i totally understand your pity party, i had one also. i don't think i had time to really cry over Petunia loosing her baby either, all of my focus was on Petunia and then Wed. night after the vet called to say she could stand alittle on her own and she had made her turn, i cried, i think it started as relief that my girl might really live and then it turned into our poor baby we waited for and wanted for sooo long and now that won't ever happen, she won't ever be able to have a baby. she has been alone here because her baby was going to be her friend, never dawned on me something would happen and she would end up alone still. i know i should just be happy that i am going to have her but i can't help but feel so bad for what we lost. sorry to ramble on, i can't believe our girls have pulled through, a big weight lifted. Twoie, i think of you everytime i think of Petunia
default_wub.png
: , Nikki [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Twoie, i think of you everytime i think of Petunia
default_wub.png
: , Nikki [/SIZE]
Same here..I think of Petunia and you all the time. Our girls have been through exactly the same thing. Twoie is making a remarkable come back now. I just went outside on the deck and sha actually trotted yup TROTTED over to see me. This is the same horse who could hardly walk a few days ago. I'm just going to be SO happy when Petunia is back home. I understand how you feel about loosing your baby. We never got to grieve. Hard too when she was to be Petunia's buddy. (((HUGS)))

Our next big thing with Twoie (other than just maintaining what we now have) is going to be Tuesday when we take her in to have her protein levels checked. I'm not sure but I expect they'll do a culture and other stuff too.

Oh...that reminds me...time for lunch time meds hahahahhaha...no peace at all around here hahahahahha LOL :new_shocked:

I just read all the posts - bless your heart for what you have been through and for fighting to save Twoies life! Your video prayer brought tears to my eyes, praise God she is doing so much better!!! (((HUGS)))

YAY TWOIE!!!!! :aktion033: :risa8: :new_multi:

This has been said before, but it's worth another go: It's amazing how emotionally attached we got to these horses, and folks, we've never met. We laugh and cry together. We listen, encourage, and help in any way we can. We celebrate the good news and milestones, no matter the size. We grieve the losses together.

It's a good place to be. A bit like an emotional sort of insurance policy.
default_yes.gif
:
Barnbum, this statement is the heart of and soul of this mb. I honestly believe that without everyone's help and support we'd never have made it as far as we have. Every single one of you out there have lifted us through everything. And there are many, many more who haven't posted but have privatly PM'd us too. It's hard to put into words the love we've felt. Every night when we've sat and read the latest posts Glenn and I have been simply amazed. How can so many people care so much for one nameless little mini and a family trying their best to save her.

I hope no one ever goes through this ever again, but if anyone does, I sure hope I can support them with the love you have supported us with.

If anyone asks me the thing I like best about having Minis I always say it is meeting the nicest, most caring people in the whole world.I think because Minis are so special, they are owned and loved by very special people.It is really a nice supporting group here on the Forum.Everybody truly cares about the others and their special bond with their horses.

I haven't let you know that my hubby and I were following the progress of your little girl, but he asked me this morning how she was doing, so I thought I would look for an update.

How is she this weekend? Here is hoping that no news is good news. She is still in our prayers.

Angie
default_pray.gif
:

I haven't let you know that my hubby and I were following the progress of your little girl, but he asked me this morning how she was doing, so I thought I would look for an update.

How is she this weekend? Here is hoping that no news is good news. She is still in our prayers.

Angie
default_pray.gif
:
Oh thank you for asking. She's feeling so good today. She's been out grazing in the sun all day. All of the shakes have gone. She's eating, drinking, pooping and peeing. Her temp is perfect. She's still on her meds and has an appointment on Tuesday to check her protein levels. However, I told the vet I had a free protein test done and her levels must be getting better....You see I bought her a foal blanket last week and was upset that the belly band was almost tight and the chest straps were on the last holes. 2 days ago I went to put it on her at night and oh my gosh, it almost fell off her !!!! She must have been so bloated from edema from the protein loss and the edema must be clearing up
default_yes.gif
: We'll find out for sure on Tuesday.

It's been a long fight but I truely think we've won.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

That is soooo good to hear. I will be keeping fingers crossed for Tuesday. You should know that there are also plenty of people reading and caring who may not post all the time.

Back