Twoie - She's home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, Twoie :aktion033: Way to go
default_wub.png
: Please continue to get better..
default_yes.gif
: YOu are always in my thoughts and prayers!!! Keep fighting
default_wub.png
:

YAY Twoie!! C'mon Girl, you can do it! What a nice surprise to find such a positive update.

Continued prayers for Twoie.

Jodi

heck no don't stop posting... we want to hear how Twoie is doing, every little positive step so we can celebrate with you, and every setback so we can up our prayers. we are all pulling for you and Twoie just as hard as for Nikki and Petunia...

come on Twoie, hang in there! we are behind you every step of the way
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=12pt]Sure is great to hear that Twoie has taken a small step in the right direction. Come on Twoie - you can do it. Please keep posting as we want to know how she is doing. Prayers continuing.[/SIZE]

Barbie

Oh please DO keep updating us. Twoie needs us and we are here for her and you all! I am glad you have a diagnosis. I am still treating an ulcer in Thera but the ulcerative colitis is so much harder. The carafate I'm using with the Gastrogard at nite has helped my Thera so much. I just know once the proper meds kick in you'll start seeing your sweet girl again like her real self. My prayers for sweet Twoie will continue.

I'm so happy to read that you have a diagnosis, and that Twoie is showing a step in the right direction. I pray so hard that she will make it after all you've been through. I finally had the chance to go back and read all your posts about her, and realized that she and my Cookie basically had the same problems to begin with. I also realize now that things can go downhill pretty fast, and that Cookie is definately not out of the woods yet. I know we've been praying for each other's girls and we sure need to keep it up.

Prayers and hugs, Rita

I know we've been praying for each other's girls and we sure need to keep it up.

Oh you betcha...Cookie, Petunia. Thera, Twoie and the othes are all sisters forever now.

Gosh, you guys have overwhelmed me today. :new_shocked: I just read all the "demands" for continued updates...how could I refuse those !!!! LOL. I just love you guys SO much. Glenn and I are sitting here drinking our morning coffee with our jaws dropped at the love and caring shared here. You give us the strength to keep fighting on.

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

..and Twoie knows...I tell her every day about y'all and sometimes I sit in her stall with my computer and read her the posts.

default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: y'all.

((((((HUGS))))))) to ALL of our sick mares and prayers they ALL live to be very old ladies.

OH DANNA!!! I was so worried when I opened this thread this morning...

:bgrin :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: YIPEE!!!!!

Give her a big hug for me
default_wub.png
:

yay Twoie! You are a strong little gal, aren't ya!! I am so happy to read this. I check in first thing every morning on all the sick girls. What a relief to read this about Twoie. I will keep her in my prayers. Now of to check on Petunia, then all the other little ones. Hugs!!

Sending prayers, love & light...that Twoie continues to improve!
default_yes.gif
:

Ask your vet about giving her aloe vera juice in a syringe(6 cc 2 times daily).I have used it with great success on a young horse with ulcers.It is very soothing to the stomach&intestinal tract.I have even used it on myself for indigestion.It was suggested to me by a very well-known (nationally)vet who is an equine nutritionist.It worked for my little guy.Keep us posted and we will keep the prayers coming to you and your baby.

Danna,

Our friend, Amy, was just reading your update on here and suggested giving Twoie yogurt (with the live cultures). Amy had a heartbreaking experience last year with a newborn that had ulcers in addition to other problems. Anyway, the vet recommended the yogurt because it would coat her insides - plus the cultures help with the bacteria. (If Twoie is on anti-biotics, both the good and bad bacteria are being affected. The yogurt cultures will help balance that all out.)

Take care, kiddo......you are definitely in my thoughts.

MA

Danna,

Our friend, Amy, was just reading your update on here and suggested giving Twoie yogurt (with the live cultures). Amy had a heartbreaking experience last year with a newborn that had ulcers in addition to other problems. Anyway, the vet recommended the yogurt because it would coat her insides - plus the cultures help with the bacteria. (If Twoie is on anti-biotics, both the good and bad bacteria are being affected. The yogurt cultures will help balance that all out.)

Take care, kiddo......you are definitely in my thoughts.

MA

Thanks guys,

I read about Aloe just this morning online...nice to know someone's used it with good results. I'm going to pick some up later.

Thanks for the yogurt tip too. She's also on a prescription of Saccharomyces Boulardii + MannaOligoSaccharide. I think it's a mega dose of cultures. Bottle says 5 billion organisns per capsule. The vet gave her that and she's been on it for a week or so. I don't see what harm yogurt would do if I gave that too ';-)

Glenn noticed that she's getting really sick about an hour after she eats so I told her doctor today, she said that that would make sense...she explained things and it's almost like a train station..where one ares fills another gets shunted along (not a good description...but the best I can do) So she gave me one more medicine to try. This one helps coat the lining of the lower intestines and colon so help ease her pain...although we have all re-named her "The Drama Queen" as we've figured out her pain tolerance is very low
default_yes.gif
:

SO here's the UNBELIEVABLE good news guys. My vet today said that if her blood work hadn't changed she'd have wanted to put her down as she just wasn't making any progress at all. Today for the first time she said that she's expecting Twoie to be grazing on my lawn 10 years from now :aktion033: :aktion033: Twoie is out in the paddock right this second, grazing in the sun and if you didn't know what she's been going through you wouldn't know to look at her that there is anything wrong (maybe an hour from now...but not right this second LOL)

I just can't tell you how happy I am feeling at the moment. I really think we've turned the corner. Oh...an no diarreah ..we avoided that too. A little bit of edema from the protein loss but if that is coming from ulcers in her colon we're treating that.

Almost feel it's time to breath a BIG sigh of relief ...almost...don't want to be kicked in the gut again so I'll hold off a few more days...but ALMOST.

Suddenly all the sadness of loosing the baby and being told Twoie will never carry a foal again seems so far away now that we see a light from Toodles eyes again
default_wub.png
:

P.S. MA...if you are ever in this area PLEASE feel free to come see her (and Ozy) Just call before you come in the gate..we've got 2 horrible Cattle Dogs :new_shocked: Or..when she's up to a trip maybe we'll come see you
default_yes.gif
:

Continued prayers from here for Twoie for a full recovery. Im so glad she has made a little improvement.

Just pulled her from the paddock, gave her this evenings meds and tucked her into bed. For the first time in 2 weeks ...she ISN"T SHAKING !!!!! Oh, I can hardly believe she's turning around. I'm almost scared to get too excited. She's been noshing on grass all afternoon and drinking well. We're due for another lovely day again tomorrow...that's just what she needs, another day out in the sunshine.

Oh thank you EVERYONE, you never gave up.

I know she's turned the corner
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: Maybe after all of this she WILL live to be an old lady still living here with us.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I wish I could hug every single one of you in person (especially those in nice vacation places LOL hahaha)

Please know I'm doing it in my thoughts and prayers.

:bgrin

[SIZE=14pt]great news...so glad she is feeling a little better...straight ahead Twoie you're on the right path girl
default_wub.png
: , Nikki[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back