Twoie - She's home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_pray.gif
: I'm praying your miracle happens.
default_pray.gif
:

[SIZE=18pt]((((HUGS))))[/SIZE] for you and Twoie!

Thank you all for your pm's and private e-mails.

Here's Twoie's update for today.

Got a call from her doctor late last night. She's talked to the person she knows at clickmini's doctors office and got some info from them yesterday. She's convinced that the protein isn't being lost from the uterus because she said Twoie would have been sicker earlier if that was happening. She thinks Twoie has ulcers from the stress and meds. Oh that was good news...something I could at least deal with and treat.

Went to bed feeling happy.

WOke up today and went out to take care of Twoie and give her today's meds. She just didn't look good :no: I decided to take her out and let her graze, cheer her up. She was quite happy for about 20 minutes and then she just stood still and started shaking, even her legs were shaking right down the her feet.

I pulled her back into the barn and got a nice big fluffy beach towel and layered it under her blanket. I put my hand under there and it was warm and snuggly but she was still shaking. It's not from being cold. I know she can't fight infections because her white blood cell count is so low.

Twoies vet called to check on her and after we filled her in on Twoie today she suggested we try a couple more meds. As you know at this point we'll try anything....so off to the vets again to collect todays meds.

Now that leads me to Twoie. She's tired physically. Her tummy feels swollen (possibly edema) she keeps shifting from one foot to another trying to find a position she can feel comfortable in. She's barely eating.

I came out of the barn today for the first time in 2 weeks I honestly could have called the vet to end Twoie's suffering knowing we're tried everything.

I've fought, hubby's fought and the entire staff at Bend Equine have fought for this little girl. I spoke to her doctor about it and she said that sometimes you can do everything you can do and it's just not meant to be. Twoie hasn't improved at all and I think she's getting worse.

So here is what we have decided to do. This is a very personal descision, and a very, very hard one to make but I will share it with you all because I feel we have all shared Twoie's struggle together. Please know that our family and our vets have done everything possible to heal this little angel.

We are giving Twoie her meds and doing everything we can for her today, tomorrow and Wednesday a.m. If she is still suffering on Wednesday morning the way she is today and if she hasn't made even one step in the other direction then we are taking her to the hospital on Wednesday afternoon to have her put to sleep.

Our vet agreed. She's seen Twoie day and night through this and she knows that things just aren't getting better.

We are praying for just one small step in the right direction but all I see is her getting worse and being drugged up so she doesn't know it. I can't let her live like that and I know we have to be strong for her now.

It's devastating. My heart is breaking in two and will always have a crack in it from now on.

Got a fortune cookie today that said

"A shooting star tonight will bring you good luck tomorrow". I don't usually keep those but this one I'm taping up in her stall tonight.

default_crybaby.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
:

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

default_crybaby.gif
: sending you strength, hugs, healing, white light, prayers, everything. Wishing for the best for you and Twoie. You all are doing your best.

[SIZE=12pt]Come on Twoie - please make that one small step. Prayers coming your way from Florida. Thinking about you a lot.[/SIZE]

Barbie

Larry and I are praying and sending white light and all the "extras" we have inside us.......

I do hope the meds are also for ulcers, just incase, and that will be the ticket? My heart is going out to you all and Twoie.

MA

I want you to know that you, Twoie and your family continue to be in my prayers. What a beautiful video of a little horse with LOTS of heart!

(((((HUGS)))))

Jodi

Reading all your posts made me cry........I am so sad for you!

Really, really sad for you and your family.

I hope things have improved by Wednesday for Twoie and if not that you find peace with your decision.

You seem so tender and connected to your little mare.........it must be devastating for you. :no:

I feel just terrible reading about how sick she is.. You are and have done everything for her.. I pray that the new meds kick in and makes her feeling better for you..Twoie, you are a special little lady, lets see you pull out of this one.. My prayers have and will be with you and Twoie.. I just wish there was something I could do to help.. Sending hugs your way Twoie..
default_wub.png
:

My prayers for Twoie and you will continue...miracles can happen and do oftentimes.

I'm glad Twoie is home. Hopefully that will give her the extra fight she needs in the next few days. I'm still praying for her. You have all fought such a hard battle it would be awful to lose her at this point. {{{{Hugs}}}} to you and your family. Prayers on their way.

What a day this has been.

Twoie looked terrible this morning. Her head was hanging, her eyes were droopy, she had bad shakes, she was not a happy horse so we took her to the vets. By the time we got there she got out of the trailer with a whinny and her eyes bright. Dr. Gold suggested we do one more blood profile before we did anything else so we did. We've done them every few days for the past 2 weeks and every time the results were down from the time before.

Well anyone out there who doesn't believe in the power of prayers, white light, thoughts, hugs and whatever else you've all been sending her way needs to think again. Her protein levels are still way off the scale to the low end but for the first time her white blood cell count had gone up. :aktion033: It was below 1 last check, normal is 5, Twoie was at 4. something (forgot !) today. Oh my gosh...She took her small step forward.

Long and short...we brought her back home feeling completely different :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
:

What's more we also have a diagnosis. They are now convinced she's loosing protein from her colon from ulcerative colitis from all the meds she's been on. We've ruled out her uterus and the rest of her intestines as areas for tears etc from ultrasounds and belly taps...and more untrasounds..and more belly taps. They think the protein is being lost through the open ulcers. They also think the bacteria found in the colon are escaping into the body through the same holes. The bacteria are toxic anywhere else in the body which is giving her the spells where she is violently ill and having the shakes.

Ulcerative Colitis of the Colon

Anyhow, we really, really, really appreciate your thoughts and support.

We're not out of the woods yet but for the first time since she lost the baby 2 weeks ago we see some light ahead. I can't tell you how much better we feel. Even with such a tiny step..at least it's in the right direction.

:aktion033:

She's on meds for pain and for the ulcers.

Unless things take a different turn I won't keep posting about her (but anyone can e-mail me anytime)

I KNOW she felt your support and I KNOW it has helped ALL of us get this far.

((((HUGS to all of you))))

From a very happy Miyamoto family
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Hey, don't stop posting now. We all care and want to keep up with her.

I am so glad she is starting to take the first steps to getting better. I will continue

to keep her in my prayers. She is one special girl. Please keep us updated. We

all care, and want to know how she is. I am so glad they finally know what is

causing her problems. Prayers and hugs

Vicky

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Oh God, Danna.......Your post has me practically in tears.........JOYFUL TEARS!!!!

Please let me know what's happening........(I'll be PM-ing!)

Hugs,

MA

Hey Hey, don't stop posting now. We all care and want to keep up with her.

I am so glad she is starting to take the first steps to getting better. I will continue

to keep her in my prayers. She is one special girl. Please keep us updated. We

all care, and want to know how she is. I am so glad they finally know what is

causing her problems. Prayers and hugs

Vicky

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:
Okay, will keep updating :bgrin . You guys are so wonderful to care so much about one little horse (((HUGS)))

It's so up and down (as anyone who has nursed a sick animal knows) I just tucked her into bed and she looked so bad, but knowing what's going on is such a help. As long as we can keep her stable until the ulcers have healed we'll be on our way. We asked why she reacted so badly and she said that horses are just like people. Some people can take advil for months with no reactions...some can take it once and be really sick from it. Twoie is just one of those horses who reacts really badly to NSAIDs and stuff and it's something you don't know until after but at least knowing what's wrong allows us to treat it.
default_smile.png

MA,

I'm so glad you read this post already. I was just getting ready to PM you. Didn't call Scott Creek because we'd already been to the vets and got our diagnosis.

I'll keep you up to date by PM too (((HUGS)))

[SIZE=14pt]what wonderful news...come on Twoie you can do it! hopefully she will keep fighting and beat this! Nikki[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back