Two new horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yvonne

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I´m old user with a new account (can´t find my password or get the new password sent to my old e-mail). When I registered first time I was a little brat at 16 years old and full of dreams. One of my dreams was to get a miniature horse and use it as a therapy horse, and which has been my dream since.

Now at the age of 24 I can finally get my two first miniature horses, super exacting!
default_yes.gif
My plan was originally just to buy one but the miniature I wanted had a best buddy he had grown up with and I did not want to separate them. Both 2 years old, stallions (but will be gelded eventually) and I will get them this summer.

I therefor wonder if people can recommend sites and books to get to know these miniatures better. Training, biology, common fault/illnesses, blood lines and so on. Everything miniature related is of interest!

Is there anyone who used their miniatures for therapy on this board?

Hi Yvonne and welcome back...missing 8 years whow...Great to see you decided to get two and even better that you are already planning a future together ..... its awesome that your dream will soon become a reality...I will have to look at the names of my books but as you know LB is really a terrific place to get info...just ask!!

Congratulations on your soon to be 2 additions

Heidi

Welcome back. Right here on LB is just about the best place to get all the miniature horse information you need/want. There are some good books out there, Small Horse Press sells most, if not all, of them. I'm sure you can see that the board has changed a bit since you were last here, lots of new sub-forums, and a great "Best-Of forum".

Thanks guys! I did a seach on Amazone for books but there were so many that I don´t know which ones are the good ones. For me books about training and heath is very important. Feeding too!

I will post pictures of them soon
default_smile.png

Hi Yvonne, Welcome Back! Congratulations on getting your 2 Minis?? What colors are they and what are their names?

I got my first 2 minis last October, I am new to minis but not to horses. I found lots of great info just searching on the internet. But this forum is the BEST place to learn, everyone here is so friendly and helpful. I know I have asked lots of questions and got answers quickly!!
default_yes.gif
I joined about this time last year so I had plenty of time to ask and learn. I did do my research for about 2 years before finally putting a deposit on my fillies!

One book I did buy that seems to have lots of good info is, "Miniature Horses A Veterinary Guide for Owners and Breeders" you can find it on Amazon.

Where in Norway are you from? I lived in Finland for 3 years with my husband and 3 children. My husband worked at the US Embassy. Loved the LONG summer days/nights but the dark winters were another story!!!!!!

Congrats and welcome back! You "pre-date" me by 4 years in your time here on the board...I'm much older than you though!

I've become a fan of Pat Elder. She has a great series of videos and books. I joined GiddyUpFlix (Netflix like service but for horse videos) and have gotten her videos that way.

Thanks guys!

Misty´s mom: Cremedela Caballero Caliente (Junior) and Cremadela Speedy Gonzales (Speedy). They have both the same father and 2 years of age.

Speedy and Junior:

Speedy´s color:

I´m from Bergen, the west coast of Norway. Yes, we have very long summer days/night and long dark winters. Some places further north have sun 24/7 in the summer and dark 24/7 in the winter time.

[SIZE=10pt]Wingnut: wow! Thanks! I defiantly need to check that website! [/SIZE]
default_yes.gif

I finally got them home to Norway (two weeks ago). They are so handsome, nice to work with and I love them to bits!

Here are some photos of them:

Speedy:
1001878_403861489733436_392653359_n.jpg

47976_403737453079173_1440326175_n.jpg

1012409_403737449745840_240470624_n.jpg

What a fabulous pair!! So glad they have arrived at last - many congratulations and have fun! Oh and dont forget to keep us posted on their progress.
default_yes.gif

Oh Wow, happy to hear you have got your 2 new minis home with you!! They both are beautiful, thanks for sharing pictures with us! Love the picture of the little boy holding their lead line!! Perfect time for enjoying them with your long Norwegian summer days!

I love the pictures! I started out long, long, longggg ago on this forum. Good place to share the love of minis. Welcome back!

Congrats on your gorgeous new minis! Love the photos. There is quite a bit of general information about minis on our website (link below) in various spots including the 4-H section. We have taken two of our minis to a nursing home - there are photos in the 4-H section because it was a community service project for the Club. We do LOTS of other things with the minis too. Today we took two of them to our local Tractor Supply Store for a 4-H promotion (and to attract customers I think!).

pretty heads! I LOVE that photo with the little boy!!! look at the joy on his face ♥

Back