Two new "Gold" babies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on two wonderful foals! :aktion033:

Thanks so much everyone for your words of congratulations! Both of these babies are doing great, they have started to really play together, the colt is just "full of himself" - he even bosses his Mom around. We are going to call him "QtrRaes Mystic Samurai Blaze Afire" thanks to dimimore and MooseLMJAsh. We still do not have a name for the filly but she is sold and her new owner wants to help with her name.

Denise, in answer to your question - buckskins do not have to have the dark legs, the description that I found says, " Black mane and tail; usually black points sometimes black dorsal stripe" that was taken from the AMHR Registry color chart.

Tony, thanks so much for the info on the black spot on the buckskin filly.

Jennifer I think you are just a "bit" partial to Phoebe and I quote you, ("Beautiful babies! the little palo colt is ALMOST as cute as his big sister, Phoebe! LOL") HA! I know how much you love that Phoebe!!

Susan, that is interesting - quote - (" I had a buckskin looking filly with that big black spot and she shed off and clipped off VERY dark and turned out to be a smoky seal brown (seal brown with a cream gene) instead of a buckskin") - that would also be neat!!

We had another buckskin filly born April 25th. She was born to our bay mare Tiffet at 305 days gestation - a great BIG surprise, she is sooo tiny and very fine haired - I know my dates are correct because Tiffet was never even near a stallion until June 21'06. Will get pictures and post them later.

Donna your new babies are so cute but all the babies that you have are darling, hope Gold did a good job with my when its born. Congratulations!

Latest posts

Back