TWO FOALS this week!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loess Hills

Reaction score
Sioux City, Iowa - on the Lewis & Clark Trail
We're small, and only have 1-2 foals each year. But it's been a great year so far!

On 4/24 our 32" red roan mare delivered a leggy filly out of Circle S Aces High, 30" black stallion. She looks to be red roan.......but that's a color question for more extensive research in the future. Pending registration her name will be Loess Hills Aces Silk N Sassy. Silky delights in running under her mom, then turning and kicking.

silkymay1gt5.jpg

silkyheader9.jpg

Then on 4/28 - 31" Cedar Croft Blaze N Bobbi Sox delivered a much anticipated foal from Star Skipper, 29 1/2" black tobiano. I e-mailed Charlotte Lupton and asked if she taught Bobbi to read "The Complete Book of Foaling", because it was a textbook delivery, and the colt was up within 15 minutes and nursing within two hours. This little guy we think will be black with a big star and thin white "comet tail" down his nose. We're calling him Loess Hills Star Chaser.

starchaserleftgr8.jpg

starchaserbacktj8.jpg

Chaser is a son of Star Skipper, Reserve World Grand Champion, multiple National Top Ten, sire of World Champion and Top Ten foals, and Cedar Crofts Blaze N Bobbi Sox, a chestnut sabino overo mare, AMHR National Champion, and Top Ten.

Last night we were watching them on camera in their stall. He's exploring everything in the stall, tries to get in the water bucket, the blue poly feeder, and anything else he can reach. Then he discovers a new move......he learned how to walk backwards.....so is scooting around the stall backwards as if Michael Jackson taught him how to moonwalk!

Congratulations! Wings can't wait to see her little brother and sister!

How cute! They are so fun to watch!!! Congrats on your new babies! :aktion033:

Both are adorable and Congratulations for both in the same week and doing so well.

Joyce

Congratulations!!! I was wondering when Bobbi was due. How different the full siblings can be!!! :new_shocked: I think there are now three Skipper X Bobbi foals?

Both pretty babies, and after seeing the first one's dam, I'm going to have to go find more pictures of her. From what I can see, she sure looks interesting!

Congratulations on your foals, they both are adorable
default_wub.png
:

Congrats on yor pretty and talented new foals. Dont think I have ever seen 1 walk backwards just for fun!!! :aktion033:

Congratulations on two wonderful foals!! :aktion033:

What a couple of cuties, congratulations!!!

Congratulations!! :aktion033: :aktion033: Nice foals. :bgrin Love the "headlight" on the boy!
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back