We have a new foal, and he came dressed for the occasion!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loess Hills

Reaction score
Sioux City, Iowa - on the Lewis & Clark Trail
Our wonderful mare Bobbi (Cedar Croft Blaze N Bobbi Sox) deliverd a beautiful, long-legged colt yesterday at 1:00 in the afternoon. Bobbi not only read the book on foaling, but I think she wrote part of the manual. She has had four foals for us with no problems. Truely a beautiful, treasured mare, who really loves her babies.

We'd been watching her closely for about a week as her bag filled. She was confined to her stall for two days, only going out for grass when we could watch her. Monday morning the game was afoot as she had waxing on her teats, and was very restless, getting up and down, tail twitching, butt-rubbing - all the classic signs. I was watching her on the monitor when she was up-and-down three or four times. We headed for the barn, two minutes away, and by the time we got there she was down and pushing. Classic bubble, two feet and a nose, and delivery went very quickly. The little guy was whinning and talking as soon as we broke the sack, was up quickly, and found the milk bar within an hour. Very stong! And he came dressed for the occasion in a black tuxedo and long white stockings on his rear legs! Presenting Loess Hills Aces Black Tie [Cedar Croft Blaze N Bobbi Sox X Circle S Aces High.]

Tyfirstday.jpg

Ty2.jpg

It's rainy, damp, and cold here, so they are staying in their warm stall for now. Hopefully I'll get some more pictures when they are able to run and play outside.

We are so pleased and thankful that both mare and foal are safe and healthy. And totally in love with the little guy!
default_yes.gif

Thanks for letting me share on this wonderful site.

How darling, congrat's on your new boy and a safe delivery. TJ

Cpmgratulations Rose and Aaron! Is he as beautiful as his brother? And white over the withers?

Charlotte

Congrats on your new colt! I love it when a foaling goes so easy!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Thank you, everyone!

Bobbi was at exactly 320 days since her last breeding. She has normally been anywhere from 327 to 323 before foaling.

Can you tell we're tickled with this little fellow?! Charlotte, he's got white over the withers, and black & white tail, almost a clone of his brother, Arrogance.

Congrats Aaron and Rose on the beautiful boy! Don't ya love when everything is textbook?

Steph

Congrats on your new colt!

And thank you for sharing a normal foaling with us. I think we here are the horror stories of foaling. It is nice to hear when everything goes well!
smile.gif

Aw, congrats, and so nice he came dressed for the occasion! LOL

Latest posts

Back