Trying to finish a pedigree

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, Dead ends on all with AMHA studbook. All show unknown or unregistered. (where your pedigree ends)

Good Luck!

I checked the AMHR studbook and all of the Ohio horses were registered with unknow parents, you have as much as you can now.

I looked in my 1995 Official Studbooks (which usually give more info than online studbook does) and it also ends just where you got it to. Sorry couldnt give you any more info.

As I recall someone once told me that the Ohios prefix horses were of Shetlabd breeding. That being the case the Shetland papers would have been thrown away back then and the horses were mini registered with unknown parentage.

As I recall someone once told me that the Ohios prefix horses were of Shetlabd breeding. That being the case the Shetland papers would have been thrown away back then and the horses were mini registered with unknown parentage.

oh wow! never knew that, I know it might sound wierd considering how much mini horse breeding she has... but she DOES (in my eyes anyway) have some shetland-ish characteristics that I couldn't quite shake. Very cool info, thanks!

The FWF horses were likely American Shetlands as well but with different names in ASPC and cross registered into AMHR. (At that time AMHR was open - they did not have to hardship - just apply for registration.) Mrs. Wagner was a regular buyer of small Shetlands in the upper Midwest and would cross register them into AMHR with her own farm information and as unknown/unknown.

My great grandparents did the exact same thing-went around picking up the best shetlands/small ponies they could and registered them when AMHR and AMHR were open. Most were listed in the 32"-36" range, but adding at least a couple inches to that was more accurate. Those horses never kept their shetland papers if they had them-they were registered under the ARC prefix.

Looking up pedigree past those originals is impossible unless you have documentation from the original owners, which is rare.

Latest posts

Back