True Confessions!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayne

Reaction score
After reading on the main board about people giving their horses cinnamon to help them drop some weight, I did some research and found that cinnamon as a supplement is recommended for insulin resistance in humans too! So I found some cinnamon in capsules and have been taking it for a little over 2 weeks!

Now I have lost some weight, but I have really been working at it too. I don't know if the cinnamon is really helping, but what the heck!

Anyone else doing the same?!

Jayne

Guilty here.
default_laugh.png

I take a spoonful every morning in my yogurt since the new year started.

Well, I have been loosing but dunno how much as we don't own a people scale but I can see & feel a difference.

Then again I have changed my eating habits.

However, better than that I've found that for me it seems to have helped the arthritis on my right foot where I broke a bone.

Before taking cinnamon when the weather would get damp and colder my foot would ache and now I'm rarely feeling any discomfort for it.

Because of this my hubby has started taking cinnamon pills in hopes that it'd help with his arthritis.

Please share the links for this information you found, and how much you are taking. And where you got your cinnamon pills.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using cinnamon twice a day for over a month, feel better and have kept the 10 lbs off I did lose.....and hope to continue once spring is here......hope to get off one or these high blood pressure pills. More energy and sleeping better. Shoot anything is worth a try.

This sounds interesting I am going to give it a try. The pharmacist said to take 2 pills a day. I do not need to lose much but would like to lose 10 lbs before show season. Those breeches are not very forgiving
default_wink.png

I will try for a couple weeks with no diet change and see what happens and then go on the get into your show clothes diet after.

I'm with you funnybunny!!! Hahahaha!!!!
default_laugh.png

But hey, sounds like a good plan. I need to lose about 10lbs (still trying to shake the baby weight I gained). Wonder if it would help take the muffin top, love handles, and saddle bags off. Hmmm.........
default_wacko.png

I went and got some pills yesterday. Says to take 2 a day started today will let you know how it works
default_smile.png

Okaaaay l've been using a tablespoon every morning for 5 weeks coming up on Thursday always willing to try an easy way out when it comes to weight...NOTHING l am still cresty spare tire is as big as ever and the butt is also still hanging in there and doesn't look like it's going anywhere soon
default_biggrin.png
l started the same day as my fave guy and another cresty stallion l also give them a heaping tablespoon each morning mixed in with there ration and l see no differance though they do seem to like it...maybe l'm using to much??? l asked my vet she said it won't hurt the minis but didn't have a lot of faith on it's own it would do much if anything...l don't like exercise so was sure hoping the fat cells would melt off or at least get a kick start..

Latest posts

Back