Tribute to Valley View Have A Little Faith

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone for your kind replies.

I am striving to be a published writer someday, so I write my feelings out better than speaking them.

I do miss that little mare, she lived almost six years with a cleft palate... such strength in such a small soul.... she is a horse I will remember always.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful tribute and I can tell your heart is breaking. People who don't own horses or dogs or cats or other animals can never truly understand the attachment we have to them. These animals are entrusted to our care. They are entirely dependent upon us for all their needs, and we all give them everything we can. When I lost one of my beloved riding horses due to colic, I felt so bereft I cried for days. If anyone seeing me in my grief had said, "Come on, now. It's only a horse. It's not like you lost a child" I think I would have punched them.

The pain is so intense, so real, and so terrible that only someone who has experienced it can really understand the extreme toll it takes on us. I know how much you are aching. Time really does make the ache less intense. Right now those images of her last breaths are seared into your mind, but in time, the other images will be there more often than the worst ones. The images of her blazing through the pasture, and that throaty whinny, and all the other things which so endeared her to you. In time, the ache won't be so strong, but for now there's nothing you can do but mourn your beloved friend, and I think we all understand that. I'm just so, so sorry!
Sandy said it all! So very sorry for your loss!

Bill

Your tribute was beautiful and really hit me hard. Thank you for sharing. I adore my pocket pets, but when you have to earn the trust and love of a horse it makes the relationship that much more special. It sounds like you had that kind of relationship with Faith. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beautiful and heart wrenching tribute to little Faith. I am so sorry for your loss. The loss of a pet can sometimes be even more difficult to bear than that of a human family member. Several months after my mother passed away, my beloved shar pei sucomed to cancer. I mourned my mother deeply but the loss I felt when Dreyfuss passed away was a different kind of intensity. I think because of the unconditional love that animals give us and the fact that they are with us day and night, it is a loss that leaves a certain emptyness in our life. There are seldom any bad memories, hurt feelings or regrets when it comes to our pets. The only consolation in losing a pet is that there are so many others that need us. Hugs to you and God bless you.

Latest posts

Back