Trail Obsticales

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spellcasterminis

Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with some ideas for obstacles besides the easy ones like, walk a bridge, sidepass, back thru an L or U. If you use a jump how high is it normally? What about tarps on the ground?

There are two that come to mind that I have seen horses have a hard time with both big and little Walk up to a chair where there is an umbrella, open the umbrella and sit in the chair then get up walk completely around the chair and close the umbrella. Another was a hula hoop put on the ground with a battery operated mouse going round and round inside I dont think there was one horse who made it through that one very inventive.

holly_nc_obst.jpg

You could also back through that too!

Pivot from feet or rear feet in a hoola hoop

Pivot front feet in a bucket of water

raised cavaletti

AMHA only allows the jump 12" high. No jump is allowed in AMHR.

pom-poms

walk over a narrow board

trot serpentines around cones

ground tie with a feed bucket near

bounce a ball

walk through water

load into a trailer

Yes, the umbrella is my *favorite*!

I'd already thought about the gate idea. We use them often with the big horses. I really like the lil curtian thing. I've seen the hoola hoops used too to pivot in and take over the horse. The umbrella is a good idea too. Neat ideas thanks!

the caresoul or octupus looking thing, with raised poles forming a circle from a center post and usually have a colored line where the horse has to go over the poles higher than that line on all the poles

Latest posts

Back