tornadoes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marylou

Reaction score
All those in the plains states please take care and protect yourselves. Just saw on the weather channel you are getting pounded.
default_wub.png
:

Yep we are buttoned up for the night, probably will cause my mare to foal:) You know how the high pressure low pressure thing works! I always worry about my babies when it storms. Not much you can do I guess.

Works that way for humans too! I worked for years in a Birth Center and we always dreaded when the barametric pressure dropped.
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

STAY SAFE everyone. We just went thru our first round with tornados this past Sunday night. Nothing touched down by us but they were sighted all around. I hate tornado weather and lightening! Corinne

Are you folk ok? REO, JustUs?

Thinking about you guys.

JJay

REO and I were emailing back and forth this morning, so I'm assuming she's ok.

We're in SW Missouri and the storm shifted just a hair to the north, just before it hit us, and the worst of it missed us. I was glad to see that, but I hope everyone in it's path is ok.

We're okay so far. Nothing has come near us, but we have a slight chance of severe weather tonight and Saturday. Kept the 4 day old baby up today. Afraid to let her out because it may rain or storm and afraid we can't get her in, in time. Already got soaked to the skin once this week carrying babies back in because of rain. Praying for no severe weather! JJ, will leave for Ky. Tuesday Night!

I always hated tornadoes and lightning. Grew up in Michigan and headed west to California as soon as I could. Been here ever since and don't miss the crazy weather. I know, I know...we do have fires and mudslides here, and earthquakes, but no matter where you live it's something. You just have to pick your disasters.
default_wink.png
:

My husband and I talk about moving somewhere else, but my one stipulation if we moved to tornado territory is a walk-in basement that's big enough for all my horses! He thought I temporarily lost my sanity. :eek: So...we'll stay put for now.
default_wink.png
:

I do hope the weather lets up for you all. Stay safe everyone!!

Latest posts

Back