Today was the 5th annual show for Quail Summit residents!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
We did two shows this year, one at 11 and one at 2:00. It was over 90 degrees. The horses were awesome. The residents were thrilled. My son and his wife came, my daughter was here, and my husband took the day off from work to lend a hand. Cheri is my horse buddy. We've put a lot of time and thought into making today special, and with all the help, I think we pulled it off.

Mazie and Tucker did a routine, then Rosie did her dance (and she did lay down!!), and to wrap up Gypsy and Chloe gave a lunging demo. Jenny, my d-i-l fixed fabulous refreshing snacks that were a big hit. Justin groomed the next horse to go out, picked up obstacle stuff, handled gates, and served refreshments and Rachel took photos/videos. Mark helped get all the chairs/benches ready and picked everything up at the end of the show!

Just a great day.
default_yes.gif

Photos: horse show photos

Video:

Karla, I think I have seen all 5 yrs.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I bet this is one of the highlghts of their summer. It seems like you are doing alot of new things every year too. I bet its fun to have a goal to get to with all your training....knowing you would like to get certain things accomplished before you Quail summit friends. How many guests did you have this year?

I enjoyed your video and pictures, Thanks for sharing

I like the the braided tails. The horses looked so good all clipped up and combed and you can hear how the people really enjoyed their visit. Yummy refreshments too! Very cute.

Karla, I think I have seen all 5 yrs.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I bet this is one of the highlghts of their summer. It seems like you are doing alot of new things every year too. I bet its fun to have a goal to get to with all your training....knowing you would like to get certain things accomplished before you Quail summit friends. How many guests did you have this year?

I enjoyed your video and pictures, Thanks for sharing
Wow--that's cool. Thanks for watching!
default_smile.png
The residents start asking about the horse show months before it happens. I do a quilt show for them too, and they always ask me about it then.

You're so right--it's wonderful to have something to make goals for. Cheri--my horse buddy--has great ideas so we'll always have something new to add. Now that the show is over we're going to be kayak buddies while it's hot.
default_laugh.png

The first show had maybe 14 residents, and the second maybe 12. There were three extras who came to the first--a new friend who had quilted a quilt for me--she brought her 80 year old mother and her 90 year old aunt. Plus, our neighbor, who is in her 70s came--she wanted to help.
default_wink.png

I just love how my kids were all able to jump in this year. It made it extra special. Last year Cheri and I did it all on our own. My son was on his honeymoon, I think, my daughter was hours away for a job, and hubby couldn't get the day off. That works too, but it's not nearly as much fun.

I like the the braided tails. The horses looked so good all clipped up and combed and you can hear how the people really enjoyed their visit. Yummy refreshments too! Very cute.
Justin's wife is a hospitality management/culinary arts major--and loves catering. So I knew giving the snack job to her was the right decision. I loved what she came up with.
default_yes.gif
They were able to come because they took a week off to go on vacation and celebrate their first anniversary--and the horse show date happened to fall on their first day off--but they didn't need to leave until 3 PM... that was so lucky!! They left for Cape Cod from here right after the 2nd show.

Back