Today, I Saved a Life

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondShadowRanch

Reaction score
Today, I saved the life of a young 2-3 year old filly. We still need donations to help pay to get her from PA to BC. Any donations will help. Donate for "pinto mare 7-15-19". We need to fundraise as much money as we can to get her safe and lower our bail cost to save for transportation. So far over $150 has been donated to help with the bail cost of $550, $605 total for Coggins and other health expenses. Every little donation will help us get this sweetie home and safe. Her deadline was 9PM tonight, and we got her safe
wub.gif
she's a sorrel tovero with 2 blue eyes

Donate

As you can tell, I got rid of the miniature colt idea, and saved this sweet girls life. The colt was owned by a breeder, and would be kept safe until he got a home, this mare would not. I would also love some suggestions on a good transporter I can contact for a quote. She needs to be out by Monday

126207569_151220844943864_418114_1836832_n.jpg

266207555_151220844943864_418121_3442363_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I commend you for stepping in for her but I am not a fan of this "broker" program. Please be sure you quarantine her as they have a lot of illness run through there.

If she came from New Holland,PA auction area I agree that she needs to be in quarantine.That place has a reputation for lots of not so healthy animals going through there.No matter where she came from I agree that quarantine from any other horses for 30 days would be advisable.Small price to pay to avoid risking MAJOR vet bills.Good luck she looks very nice.With some good care and some good feeding she will be lovely.

I will definitely be giving her 30 days of quarantine and a vet check-up to ensure everything's right on her. She will also get wormed right away, and depending on how her feet are, have them done. It's going to cost us a fortune to get her here from, yes, PA. She was taken in by Another Chance 4 Horses. There are many other horses left that have until 11:30AM but I definitely can't afford to save them all
no.gif

Personally, I like the broker program, it gives the horses that extra boost of time, and gets the (internet) public a chance to see them all and possibly give them a home rather then have them sent off right away.

Horse slaughter is the main reason why I am ashamed to be Canadian, and always will be.

I have a few transport people lined up that I am considering contacting. Who are the ones I should kick out of the list, and who should I keep?

Perry Transport Ltd.

International Horse Transport Ltd.

Douglas Horse Transport Ltd.

G & H Horse Transport

Brook Ledge Horse Transportation

Kargus Horse Transport

Crofton Horse Transport

Last edited by a moderator:
From your list I only know International Horse and Perry--I've always used International Horse myself but there's sure nothing wrong with Perry either.

I have never heard of any of those transporters. Sorry!

Just remember to go slow. Horses that have gone thru an auction etc are very stressed. I always go slowly with deworming and vaccinating, trimming. Too much to fast can send them down a bad road.

Personally, I like the broker program, it gives the horses that extra boost of time, and gets the (internet) public a chance to see them all and possibly give them a home rather then have them sent off right away.Horse slaughter is the main reason why I am ashamed to be Canadian, and always will be.
Hey to each their own! One thing I do know is the broker is so lucky to have a rescue sell his horses for him. He gets way more money then he would get for slaughter or even another auction. Its a viscous circle that never ends. Many of these "saved" horses go right back to auction. The whole thing is sad.

I wouldnt blame canada. Obviously banning slaughter here in the states only meant that horses would have to endure more inhumane conditions to travel further to slaughter (either canada or mexico)

Latest posts

Back