TIRED OF HIGH GAS PRICES

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samantha S

Reaction score
I HOPE THIS IS ALLOWED BECAUSE GAS PRICES AFFECT EVERYTHING WE DO. A FRIEND EMAILED ME ABOUT A NATIONAL GAS OUT DAY MAY 15TH 2007.

PROTEST HIGH PRICES IT IS OVER $3.00 A GALLON

THERE ARE NEARLY 73,000,000+ AMERICAN INTERNET USERS AND THE AVERAGE CAR TAKES $30-$50 TO FILL UP. IF ALL USERS DID NOT GO AND GET GAS ON THE 15TH IT WOULD COST $2,292,000,000.00(NEARLY 3 BILLION) OUT OF THE OIL COMPANIES POCKETS. MAYBE THAT COULD PUT A DENT IN THEIR POCKETS LIKE GAS PRICES PUT IN MINE. I WILL NOT BUY GAS THAT DAY AND I ASK THAT IF YOU AGREE WITH ME PLEASE EMAIL AND TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW DO NOT BUY GAS ON MAY 15TH 2007. WE NEED TO STAND TOGETHER AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

NO GAS MAY 15TH 2007

It's a nice idea that folks have tried to do in the past......but in the long run it doesn't work unfortunately. When ultimately happens is that people either rush and fill their tanks the day before.......or the day after, so it all averages out for the oil companies and nothing looks different to their bottom line when the month or even the week is over.

MA

Just think back when Katrina hit. Millions were not driving for Days and some even for weeks. Well did the price go down NOPE they went up and up and up. This has been around the net for the last several years and not one time has it worked and won;t work in fact heck out Snoops and you will see it is False as false can get.

Not buying gas on one day isn't going to work. I agree 100% with MiniV... people will fill up a day before or after. I don't think much will help gas prices, they will continue to go up. When I was a kid (ha ha ha) and started driving I remember gas was $.99 a gallon. It will probably never go back. Only up.

Andrea

Unfortunatly, it won't work. We just all need to park our vehicles in the pasture and forget about them and bring in our horses to ride. That would have an impact, because no gas to be sold, period. But life doesn't work that way, unfortunatly. I do wish that they would release the hydocar out on the market, at compatable prices for consumers, but if it will work, they won't do it. The price of oil has done some dropping, that isn't the problem. Pockets are being lines, and that is the problem.

~Karen

Yes I can but I don't want to wait in a long line with everyone else on May 16th to fuel up.
default_unsure.png
:

Remeber gas is only one small part of all the petroleum products sold in this country, more goes to making plastics than into your vehicle. If you want to hurt the oil companies take your own fabric bags to the grocery store, stop buying processed foods in plastic trays wrapped in plastic, no plastic plates, cups, etc.

If you really want to efect gas prices try this, organise the country to protest this way. if everyone stoped buying from the top fuel producer in the country they would have to drop there prices . dont buy one gallon from[ say chevron]till the price falls to below $2. [ or a reasonable amount].Im not saying to stop buying gas just not from them. when there prices fall so will everyones. when the price gets down to a reasonable amount start buying from them again. when prices go up again boycot the second largest producer [say Shell ] till prices drop again. this way we dont have to stop driving, or buying , and still get our message accross. DR.

Exactly DR! I was going to say about the same thing.

Kim

Latest posts

Back