This could help with the gas prices

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
Might help with the gas Prices...

DON'T PUMP GAS ON MAY 15, 2007

In April 1997, there was a "U.S. gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices.

Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007,all internet users are NOT TO GO to a gas station in protest of high gas prices.

Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in the U.S.A. and over $4.00 a gallon in Canada. There are 83,000,000+ American and Canadian members currently on the Internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up. If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $3,320,000,000.00 (over $3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the oil industry’s greed for at least one day.

It will also send the message that we’re fed up with the oil industry’s total lack of conscience while in control of an essential public commodity and if they don’t clean up their acts, stronger protests may follow.

This is a much-debunked myth
default_smile.png
All it does, IF it were to actually happen, is give the gas station attendants a day off, followed by a mad rush to the pumps the next day whem everyone bought to make up for the previous day.

Its been around many times... can't say I've ever seen a single one drop prices even a penny!

See the comments on Samatha's thread. As I said before I could not buy gasoline on that day but I don't want to stand in a long line on the 16th with everyone else to fuel up. Don't buy one day but buy the next, what difference does it make?

I sure don't emember a 30 cent drop in gas prices in l997! As I said before, this has been tried many times, but with no results. Cutting down on overall gasoline, electricity, etc. etc., for long periods of time may help some, but one day won't help.

Latest posts

Back