NATIONAL GAS OUT DAY - MAY 15

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
I of course only fill up my tank once a week, on Mondays and the 15th lands on a Tuesday so I wont be buying gas on that day regardless but...saw this on the LB saleboard and was wondering what everyone thinks of this?

(copied and pasted from saleboard)

---------------------------

NATIONAL GAS OUT DAY MAY 15, 2007

EMAIL AND CALL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT GAS OUT DAY!

A FRIEND EMAILED ME THIS INFO AND I HOPE IT IS ACCEPTABLE TO LIST THIS. HIGH GAS PRICES HAVE AFFECTED EVERYONE AND THEIR FARMS FROM SHOWING, BUYING, SELLING, OR JUST GOING TO THE FEED STORE!

WITH OVER 73,000,000+ AMERICAN INTERNET USERS AND THE AVERAGE CAR TAKES $30-$50 TO FILL UP, IF ALL THE INTERNET USERS DON'T BUY GAS ON THE 15TH IT WOULD COST $2,292,000,000.00(NEARLY 3 BILLION) OUT OF THE OIL COMPANIES POCKETS FOR JUST ONE DAY. MAYBE THAT COULD PUT A DENT IN THEIR POCKETS, LIKE IT DOES OURS. IF YOU AGREE WITH ME PLEASE EMAIL AND TELL EVERYONE.

THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO POST THIS AND FOR YOUR ATTENTION IN THIS MATTER.

BUY NO GAS ON MAY 15TH 2007

I've heard it doesn't work and I look at it this way. If they lose that much that day they make up for it the day before or the day after, etc. Like you say, you get your gas once a week on Monday and I know I can go without buying gas on Tuesday so it just doesn't make sense.

Wade said just what I referred to on Samantha's post on this subject. Check her thread out as well........

MA

In 1997 there was a protest and a gas out and the gas dropped 30 cents. It may or may not help but what the heck I am willing to try it. You can still buy gas whenever you want but I thought what is it going to hurt it may help if it doesn't what did it hurt.

Latest posts

Back