Tilly and Ginny....updated pictures!! 5-4-2013

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well 324 days and all is well, and nothing much has changed lately. I will get some updated pictures tomorrow! She is still as big as a barrel, not much change in the vulva and her bag still looks the same, not anything to write home about! I am not quite sure how you ladies do this, but this waiting is absolutely stressing me out!!
default_smile.png
So here I sit stalking everyone else's little foal pictures, praying and hoping all goes well for Ginny and her first foal!

If you really want a set of decent clippers for yourself that don't cost a fortune, my first clippers after getting into minis was a set of Wahl KM-2 clippers, and I was very satisfied with the job they did for one or two minis (once I got more minis, they weren't powerful enough to do mulitple winter woolie removals). Horse.com has them for about $120 I body clipped Dakota with them his first spring here, and they did an decent job, especially considering I clipped a dirty horse.

I only have the head/neck clip pic on my computer, but you can see they did a decent job and you can see enough of the unclipped part to see how much they clipped off. [The funny little dark spot on his neck is from where he was previously clipped for Coggins.]

Dakota - April - reg camera - head shot.jpg

After getting more minis, I got a set of Oster Clipmasters for winter woolie removal, and use the Wahl's for clean-up (head, bridle path, etc). [Also use them to clip my little stallion, as he has too many little body parts for the Clipmaster's to be much good on him, I can only do the main part of his body with the Clipmasters, then use the WAhl's for head, neck, legs.]

Updated pictures from tonight...I think we are making progress?? What do you all think? Her vulva pictures have not much changed, light pink in color. Not much for swelling though. I can see a big change in her belly shots though! DSCN2144.JPGDSCN2146.JPGDSCN2147.JPGDSCN2154.JPG

Thank you all so so so so so much for all your support and expertise. I am have been going back and forth with keeping her in her foaling stall during the day also. We already put her in at night and have been for quite some time! I have a remote camera on her and have a lady watching her from 10 p.m. through 6:00 a.m. I do have to sleep sometime..LOL I more stressed with this pregnancy than I have been with my own three children! 11 months is a long long time!!

Chanda -- I did the same thing. I bought the same "first clippers" -- and then went to the big Oster's which made clipping go soooo fast. Although, I do have to admit, when I was running 45 head, I hired a man who did the clipping for the big Grand Prix horses to come and do mine. He did the whole herd in 2 visits -- he did the bodies and heads, and left me the legs -- which saved a lot of money and time!
I bought a set of used Oster Clipmasters after I got more than a couple minis. [shayne had a set for when we clip cattle to find brands, I used them enough to know I liked them and wanted my own set. I hated to borrow his, as if I didn't get them put back, or dulled the blades, I'd never hear the end of it.
default_whistling.gif
]

She looks great and is moving along perfectly,
default_thumbup.gif
baby has dropped and she has started shopping so not long now
default_yes.gif

I agree with Renee, she's moving along nicely - but I do know how you are feeling, the last few weeks of pregnancy can be so worrying, frustrating and exciting all at the same time!!

I would try not to restrict her outside time during the day, plenty of gentle exercise is so very important for the mare at this time.
default_yes.gif

I do let her outside but it worries me some because we are all at work! I can watch her from work on the camera, but there are two spots she insists on standing that no matter where she stands I can not capture her on camera. I do have people check on her throughout the day and call me at work with updates! She is rolling, rolling, rolling!! I have been exercising her since she was bred, we go for nightly walks. I think she is in good shape. AHHHH...

How's she looking today - it sounds as though things are going to get very exciting soon now!! Good luck!!
default_yes.gif
default_pray.gif

Not much difference from yesterday, her bag is still about the same, its firm and warm. She has a pretty little V shape...I keep looking at her and thinking....how is what ever is in there going to ever fit! If she only knew what big job she has ahead of her....

Just WAIT until you see how elongated she can get. With some mares, they get so stretched it looks like baby will just fall out!

Getting excited!
That must have been what happened to the twin calves we have; born yesterday, I think. They are so tiny, we guess mom sneezed and they just fell out; so I think we should call them Achoo and Gesundheit.
default_whistling.gif

Sorry, couldn't help myself and had to add my ramblings to your thread.

I was not going to put a girdle on her it was just a joke! I will update her pictures later today, but her vulva is more swollen, bag bigger and her teats feel sticky to me! Her behaviors at night are different, her routines are different. I know none of you can guess as to how long before she foals....but any idea?

It is hard to say without seeing pics from today I am afraid
default_sad.png
What about a tummy profile pic and an udder pic?

default_please.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated pictures from this morning-not much change from yesterday... though her bag is bigger, no much more elongation. She may not play by the rules being a maiden!
default_smile.png

DSCN2160.JPGDSCN2161.JPG

DSCN2160.JPG

DSCN2162.JPG

DSCN2164.JPG

Thanks for your help, can those nipples point down without much warning? She seems to be tolerating this pregnancy well, she has been super sweet through the whole process! We have had a tough two days, my dad has a 20 year old horse he has treated like one of his kids his whole life, better at times I think!
default_smile.png
He was found laying down lame yesterday in the snow, we struggled to get him up he is 17hh high and a big boy. We think he foundered again, or developed Laminitis? We started him on bute. We had the farrier out and he said he doesn't think he foundered, he couldn't feel the pulses like he would have expected. He has stayed upright since last night but walking is VERY difficult for him! We are so worried about him. He is going to the vet tomorrow. We did speak to the vet and recommended the farrier, bute and watch. I have been praying for Thunder all night!!

Val

Oh No, poor Thunder. I will pray for him too
default_pray.gif

Your little girl is moving forward wonderfully
default_yes.gif
I would keep a close eye on her . Just a tip, when you look at her hooha just move her tail to the side and not straight up, some mares are timid ( lord knows why, it's not as if the whole world is looking. )
default_new_rofl.gif
anyway it can make them screw up their hooha.

Any chance you could take a side pic down on her level of her whole body and head? It would help us see how baby is laying.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back