This one shocked me!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
FINALLY I'm all done foaling for the year!

Our final & 9th foal for the year came at 12:15 PM this afternoon! We had 3 born at noon this year.

It's a BOY!

I want to show you what happens when you keep breeding these two together!

website1006038.jpg

And

website1006036.jpg

You get this filly with blue eyes

website1008021.jpg

Then this colt

website1002015.jpg

Then this colt

website1005019.jpg

Then you get this colt!

ROKO Lotto Splash Of Pizzaz (aka Zeke)

website1018003.jpg

His only black is a tiny dot on his right front leg and a tiny tip in his tail! The rest is pure white!

I'm afraid to breed them together any more! They've run out of color! LOL

I know Muffy has Sabino but I don't know about Nort. What pattern would you call this colt? Pure white except that tiny black leg spot and tiny tail tip? You can just see the black leg spot blurred because he's moving.

Oh I love how they keep adding more and more white!

Now the color...I know 2 sabino genes can give you all white, but can 2 splash genes do that too? I wonder if he got a tobiano gene too, you'll have to test him to find that one out!

Congrats on a beautiful, healthy colt
default_smile.png

Congratulations! Glad I don't have to keep him clean! I wonder if he will be considered a pinto?

Robin, that is going to be a WOW horse, pure snowy white!

I just love that colt that is rearing. He is really, truly, drop-dead gorgeous!

Wow Robin! All those mostly black foals this year and now a mostly white one!!! LOL! I dont know what you would call him. He is obviously a max splash, but he has to be genetically a black pinto.
default_wacko.png
default_unsure.png

He is going to be FUN to keep clean!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the next one will just be invisible!
default_laugh.png
Don't ask me about color! WHATDOIKNOW! Bet ya he is going to be another gorgeous one....just like his brothers and sister! Congratulations!

Congrats!! He's a beauty as are his full siblings. Well, he's max-something, just don't know what the something(s) is!lol Good luck.
laugh.gif

If I breed them together again, will that one start all over and be mostly black? LOL
default_rolleyes.gif

Just yesterday I was saying to Dona on the photo forum how most of my foals this year was solid black (but have tiny markings or blue eyes) and does Nature have a sense of humor? Yup! I get a solid white one! LOLOL!!!
default_laugh.png

I'm used to seeing white legs and noses come out but as this one kept coming out & coming out and was all white.....you should have seen my face!
default_new_shocked.gif

Yeah I know, he's already dirty! *sigh*

Muffy has Splash, Sabino & Tobiano. Nort looks to be all Splash, but who knows? I'm not sure what to call this guy!
default_wacko.png

Niiiice, Robin! Congratulations!

I'm afraid to breed them together any more! They've run out of color
LOL I've had that happen here too! My guess is splashed, maybe sabino and maybe tobiano. You can at least test for tobi.

Here's my 2 yr old solid white (in appearance) filly. This is Redrock Just Magic who looks to be solid white except for a little bit of black in her tail. She is genetically black with tobiano and likely splashed and sabino. Gotta love these crazy patterns and colors!
default_wacko.png

6-10JustMagic.jpg

If I weren't certain you are a smart breeder and did lethal white testing before breeding, so no doubling up; I'd be afraid this one was lethal white. So either max white sabino (I've seen them), or max white Splash (does that happen?); or just the combination of the genes giving you max white.

Reminds me of our Shetland boy, Martin's Best Dressed Sinatra. "Frank" happens to be the first Shetland to test postive for Sb1. We expected him to be homozygous, but he's not. We do know that he carries splash as well due to his blue eyes. I would expect your colt has the similar sabino and splash interactions going on! (BTW, Frank is non-tobiano, and non-frame.)

Here's a pic of Frank:

DSC_0232_reeditedagain.JPG

If I breed them together again, will that one start all over and be mostly black? LOL
default_rolleyes.gif

Just yesterday I was saying to Dona on the photo forum how most of my foals this year was solid black (but have tiny markings or blue eyes) and does Nature have a sense of humor? Yup! I get a solid white one! LOLOL!!!
default_laugh.png

I'm used to seeing white legs and noses come out but as this one kept coming out & coming out and was all white.....you should have seen my face!
default_new_shocked.gif

Yeah I know, he's already dirty! *sigh*

Muffy has Splash, Sabino & Tobiano. Nort looks to be all Splash, but who knows? I'm not sure what to call this guy!
default_wacko.png

Well you call him whatever you want but I would call him exceptional.

Lisa, your boy could be homozygous for sabino. There are many genes for it (this is what I've read anyway) and the test is just for the one. I have a mare that is definitely sabino....she has the sabino roaning and she likes to pass on blue eyes (does not have splash) but tested negative for sabino.

He is stunning by the way, I've always been a fan!

Ooops - the printer is out of ink! LOL

Congrats Robin - he's a beauty!!!

WOW!! He's gorgeous
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

These minis just love to keep us guessing dont they LOL!! I put two of mine together three times, first two foals were the expected chubby little spot bods - third one was a slim, leggy, solid bay/dun!!

Dont know much about colours, but is he what one would call a minimal pinto?? LOL!

Anna

default_new_shocked.gif
OH MY Robin! I can just see your face as he was being born LOL what a wonderful surprise!!! It was nice to see Becky and Lisa's horses to see what he will look like grown, their horses are gorgeous examples! I love all of your Nort babies but this cross is extra special, I am sooo happy for you!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back