Movin' Violation and me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyManMo

Reaction score
He everyone. I am very excited to be here and hopefully learn about mini's.

I have been a horse owner for 35 years but just yesterday, acquired my first mini, as a pasture buddy for my soon to be retired trail horse Diamond and hopefully future driving buddy for me.

His registered name is THR Movin' Violation but everybody calls him Mo or Mo-Mo. He did his time in the show arena in halter classes but lost an eye to an ulcer that would not respond to treatment, even after a stint at WSU in Pullman. His owner then fell on hard times and had to disperse her herd, fast. He ended up with my vet tech friend, who also breeds and shows mini's. She took him in as a favor to her fellow showing friend but when the babies landed this fall, Mo was taking up valuable real-estate so when I talked about my paint being lonely and needing a buddy, she suggested Mo.

I am still in the process of "pony proofing" my small pasture so Mo is enjoying the paddock life where he and my paint, Diamond, are getting to know one another across the fenceline, which is going fabulously.

I am looking forward to reading everyone's stories and sharing pictures with you. I have much to learn where mini horses are concerned and hope that, at 61 years old, this old dog is not too old to learn new tricks.

I have already fallen in love with this little man, who is so far, very gentle, kind and easy to handle. Running a licensed, non-profit dog rescue with an ever present, motely assortment of one eyed, three legged, deaf, blind or behaviorally stunted dogs hanging about, he fits right in with his missing eyeball and his tiny stature. I have attached pictures from today and yesterday plus a couple of his show pictures.

Attachments

• 169665335_10225830430694423_8247497857266713545_n.jpg
    169665335_10225830430694423_8247497857266713545_n.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20210406_082336923_MP.jpg
    IMG_20210406_082336923_MP.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 169640110_10225830431094433_3342679032573379410_n.jpg
    169640110_10225830431094433_3342679032573379410_n.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 169310165_10225830430894428_7149497296911687599_n.jpg
    169310165_10225830430894428_7149497296911687599_n.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 15
Welcome Aboard! And wow. I bet your Mo won his share of ribbons! Is he still a stud or has he been gelded?

Oh, and please share more about your dog rescue.

Welcome Aboard! And wow. I bet your Mo won his share of ribbons! Is he still a stud or has he been gelded?

Oh, and please share more about your dog rescue.
He is a gelding. I am too old and slow to feel capable of keeping a stud around. LOL

I would love to talk about my rescue but wasn't sure that would be allowed. I will detail it in a comment below.

Meanwhile. Here is the webpage. www.allmuttsgreatandsmall.org

Warmest welcome to the forum!
Such a handsome horse !!!!

Yes, tell us more about your dog rescue !
Thank you for the compliment on Mo. Even in his current fuzzy attire (that is coming off in sheets I might add) he still has a beautiful head and carriage. It is why I would like to train him to drive (though I know nada about that either). I think he would looks o beautiful, trotting in front of a cart.

As for my rescue, here is the webpage. www.allmuttsgreatandsmall.org

Thank you for inquiring about my rescue. Here is the web page if you are so inclined to look. www.allmuttsgreatandsmall.org

I have rescued dogs my whole life, patching them up and keeping them until they pass on, usually at very old ages. So about 12 years ago, with four rescued and very healthy dogs living with me, but still seeing dogs everywhere I looked, that needed help, I decided to join an organized rescue so that I might be able to help more, while not becoming a hoarder. LOL

Over the next six years I learned the ropes and wore many hats for a fairly large and well thought of rescue in my area. I started out scooping poop and cleaning bedding and eventually was the rescue center coordinator, adoption coordinator, intake and assessment coordinator, transfer coordinator and took all the photos and wrote all the bios for Petfinder. It was alot of education learned from a knowledgeable group of people but as the rescue got bigger and became more diversified, it seemed the "rescue" aspect, was losing ground to scholarship funding, early childhood education, senior pet programs, outreach programs, etc All very good and needed but actual rescuing, was becoming smaller and less focused on so...I decided to start my own rescue where I could get back to the nuts and bolts of dog rescue and actually help/save dogs. I left the bigger rescue on good terms and well equipped educationally and thanks to my time with them, had earned a fairly good reputation in the community for my rescue work which aided in the supportive funding to get started. With a handful of like minded volunteers, my rescue sprouted it's wings in June of 2015 and we never looked back. Our mission is to keep it small, keep our efforts local and to see each dog through the process from start to finish. We average about 100 dogs a year, which is not earth shattering but most of the dogs we take in, are very compromised in one way or another, be it health or behavior and often times both. We work hand in hand with local law enforcement and AC officers plus our local No Kill shelter, who often ask us to take on the more behaviorally or medically challenged dogs, so they might keep their No Kill percentages where they need to be.

We believe strongly in spay/neuter. Nothing that leaves our organization will be capable of reproducing. We also do not believe in juvenile altering, due to the lasting growth affects so if we take in young puppies, they will be with us, in foster homes, until they are old enough to be altered at a less life altering age. Unlike many other rescues, we do not take in owner surrendered dogs. In my prior experience with the other rescue, which did take in owner surrendered dogs that were healthy and safe but just needed new living arrangements, we often had to pass on a dog that really needed help, that was living on the streets or had been chained and abandoned, because our foster homes were full of owner surrendered dogs.

We also have a different opinion on breeders. Adopt, Don't Shop is not a slogan you will see within on our promotional material. Rather we say, Consider Adoption As An Option. There are very good, very responsible and very ethical breeders out there who care very much about their dogs, where they go and have great follow up programs and excellent contracts. The wedge driven between these breeders and rescues, due to the blanket idea that all breeding is bad, is sad because we are all wanting the same result. Awesome homes, chosen with care for the dogs we are committed to.

Currently in my home there is a crotchety old man called Mr Teefers, who was pulled from the Humane Society because he was not adoptable. He is full of character and pretty harmless really but will need a very special home that we are dedicated to finding for him. There is also a French Bulldog mix with a diva complex and one eye, that we found with a horrible eye wound that had been festering for so long, the eye itself had atrophied beyond saving. Her name is Miss Cleo and once you get past her "in your face" cyclops greeting, she is a funny, silly, loving girl. We have seven other dogs currently in foster, some ready and waiting to be adopted and some still works in progress. All rescued locally and prepared or being prepared for their next homes, no matter how long it takes.

Thank you for asking about my rescue. It has given my life purpose and keeps me busy, but no too busy to take on a mini horse as a project and buddy for my aging paint gelding.

Attachments

• IMG_20201021_111419568.jpg
    IMG_20201021_111419568.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20210224_091721374.jpg
    IMG_20210224_091721374.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 2
Thank you for telling us about your rescue, and thank you for "Consider Adoption As An Option" slogan. Responsible breeders are indeed very much needed to preserve breeds to the proper standards. Very cool that you local, see things through with each dog, and focus on the ones that really need help. I look at most rescues and organizations with suspicion because it's not about the animal. So thank you.
Oh, and welcome to the forum and Mo is beautiful!

Welcome. Mo is gorgeous! Rescues like yours are very much needed, thank you for doing that. Bobo stole my heart, it's too bad I don't have room for more and a good thing I'm not local or I'd be adding one more even without room.

Hi! Welcome to the forum! Mo is so cute!! 😍 😍 He is one good looking boy!
Your rescue sounds amazing! I volunteer at an animal rescue, and I love it so much! It's so nice to be able to do something that really helps animals, isn't it! I hope to one day have my own horse rescue! Sounds like you have such a great setup, and love each and every animal! Those dogs must get the best care from you!

Latest posts

Back