The Biggies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is fun - here are a couple of mine - Morgans or part Morgans

Luna - my favorite (3/4 Morgan 1/3 Arabian) - my riding horse

Lunasummer2003_2.jpg

Trace - purebred Morgan stallion (now gelded)

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/mmm...acesideshot.jpg

Traceheadshot2005.jpg

some BEAUTIFUL biggies on here!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Here's my old lady, 32 this year
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

My morgan, Arianna

ari.jpg

Such an awesome mare, I got her when she was 28, and we showed saddleseat for 3 years. Did very well at the breed shows, and kicked hunt-seat butt at the open shows (we stood out for sure!!) She's now retired
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

And my sisters 18-ish rescued saddlebred gelding, Sailor
default_biggrin.png

sailor.jpg

For fun, here's the 20-something Morgan gelding I used to lease, Bon Bon. We kicked butt showing, and had a great relationship! I was the only person who ever enjoyed riding him
default_wub.png
Unfortunetly, he was retired due to injury in the middle of our season together, and I haven't seen him in 2 years.
default_no.gif
What a great, great horse
default_no.gif

Sorry- they're HUGE!!!
default_wacko.png

bonbon1.jpg

bonbon4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 3 bigs here now. I lost my best boy last Feb at 17 and never really thought I'd have another big. I met Cleo and things changed......then hubby fell in love with some mares.......

This is BeeBop. He broke his pelvis and I lost him last year. I got him when he was 1 1/2.

beep16.jpg

This is Cleo, 16hh Thoroughbred mule

cleo02.jpg

Stardust (Dave's mare), 16hh

stardust03.jpg

Cheval....eventually Dave will learn to ride her. She's only 14.3hh

cheval.jpg

Great pictures everyone! I had a QH/Morgan cross. He was solid black, but I sold him 2 years ago and it is because I couldn't be without horses that I next got into minis!!

I love the Paints minimule! My next big horse will be a Paint that I can show at the Pinto shows with my minis! = )

I love this thread!! Here is my big boy, Barney. He is a 17.1 hh clydesdale/belgian and is now up to about 2000lbs. He was a litte thin in this picture taken when I first got him. I had no idea that drafts continue to grow until they are 10 and he was 8 when I got him 3 years ago. I love this boy!!!
default_wub.png

barney.gif

Here is mine....They are comin on 29 yo this year...

Arizona....

IMG_4847.jpg

Woody...

IMG_4899.jpg

Woody.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

I love this thread!! Here is my big boy, Barney. He is a 17.1 hh clydesdale/belgian and is now up to about 2000lbs. He was a litte thin in this picture taken when I first got him. I had no idea that drafts continue to grow until they are 10 and he was 8 when I got him 3 years ago. I love this boy!!!
default_wub.png

barney.gif

Now that is a BIGGIN!!!
default_aktion033.gif

This is my big horse, Rockets. He is my second big horse and I've owned him for just about 10 years. I had another riding horse, Sky, but he was put down this past summer (elderly). These are older pictures. I'll have to get some more recent ones of my "big" 14.3 hay burner.

Rocket has caught me when I almost fell of him. He's not a real "people" horse but he adores me and doesn't want other horses to come around me. He'll stand over me if I sit in his paddock. He gives me hugs, too.

ROCKETs-Red-Glare.jpg

Rockets-page-2.jpg

Here is our biggie, Andy.We show him and got a world championship on him last year at the buckskin world in showmanship.He is the best horse we will ever have.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a pic of my wedding ( i had a riding accedent 3 days before my wedding and broke 4 ribs I'm glad my dress had a corset and held everything in place) I included 2 of my big horses the grey (Blossom) is my 1st horse I ever brought a station bred mare completly bomb proof she is 37years young she is retired and loves it, The Bay is my clydesdale x throughbred (Flame) ,7 this year I got her as a weanling and is the first horse I have broke in she has the best personality and is bomb proof as well

wedding386Medium.jpg

wedding384Medium.jpg

This pic is flame with my little girl after a ride she is getting a very big horse well over 16hh she loves to jump

Tyla5506014Medium.jpg

This is a pic of my ex race horse she was bout 16.4hh this horse would and could jump anything she had the most smoothest jump in the world

goldiesmall3Medium.jpg

OOH and dus a pet cow count she is always the last cow in the very last row and always like sum attention her name is Clarabell

TylaoncowMedium.jpg

I have more pics of my others but not on this computer. I love everyone elses baby 2

Here is my Friesian filly, Radiance

raditrot7.jpg

raditrot2.jpg

My TB gelding, Cheyenne

91effd4d.jpg

My arab pony cross filly, Calista

calitrot12sm6117.jpg

My buckskin pasture ornament, Impulse

pulse.8307.jpg

The oldest guy here, 27 y/o OTTB Renaissance

rentrot312-21-7.jpg

My POA colt, Skylar

tiger6.jpg

tigertrot.jpg

And my Haflinger/Welsh Cob, Summer

summertrot2.9277.jpg

Jessi

gosh, I have too many bigguns to post them all, so I will post a few.

My biggest is Ariel, a 17.3 hand reg. percheron mare 2200lbs..

Her as a 4 yr old

Ariel2-1.jpg

Her now.

Ariel3002.jpg

My old man, he passed away this December a week before the holidays. He was 30.. We miss him, I had him since I was 14.

Foals002-1.jpg

And my favorite riding mare, Sophie, a reg. Breeding stock paint.

fallhorseshow006-edit-1.jpg

Sophie.jpg

GREAT thread and really am enjoying seeing everyone's beautiful and well-loved biggies!! Here's our guys. Thank you for letting me share. Hope you don't mind but first I'd like to share a couple of group shots of them on their range

herd-aug17-2007.jpg

JewelRiderMolly-aug17-2007.jpg

herdrun-sept11-b.jpg

herd.jpg

This is Egypt's Fury, a Tennesse Walker/Arabian/Thoroughbred rescue we adopted. His mama was made pregnant to weigh more at the kill sale. Fury is the foal she had a few months after her rescue.

ORM-horses-fury-web.jpg

Here's my hubby's pride and joy, Renegade, and American Indian Horse born wild.

Ren-aug2007-name.jpg

dpt-daverenfolintrail.jpg

This is Blue, who we adopted several years ago from HSUS. He was a dressage and halter horse that had been severely starved.

blue-head.jpg

Blueb-aug172007.jpg

This is dp's Indian Ridge. An AQHA gelding my husband was given in trade for training two others.

Indy-sept11-2007.jpg

This is dp's Ridge Rider. Rider is a Doc o Lena great grandbaby that we raised from a weanling after buying him at an annual colt production sale.

Riderb-jan3-2007.jpg

Here's Sweet Medicine, and American Indian Horse pony born wild, and Cedar Mountain Jewel, a mule. She was gift to my hubby out of the favorite mare he had trained for a client.

jewel-swmed-mar23-2006.jpg

This is Whispering Ginger and Call Me Glory, two fillies we bought so they wouldn't go to slaughter. They are Frosty Feature AQHA girls.

GingerGlory-eat-aug23-2007.jpg

This is Rider on the left and then Molly. A sweet AQHA mare that we were given so the woman's hubby wouldn't dump her at the sale as a slaughter horse
default_sad.png

RiderMolly.jpg

Latest posts

Back